basic experiments

Posted: 11/22/2016 10:53:57 PM
JPascal

Now some results of the volume control. Here please find a short mp3.

JPascal Theremin volume control test

Volume Control JPascal Theremin

Posted: 11/27/2016 5:49:40 PM
ILYA

"The practical results are good." - JPascal

Interesting. What about the repeatability? (the FETs have a noticeable spread of parameters).

Posted: 11/30/2016 6:40:45 PM
JPascal

The jFETs I use have about 150 to 200 Ohm respective to a gain-source-voltage = 0. Below - 1,5 V they are high resistance, more than 1 MegOhm. The knob for adjustment the volume control would easy compensate parameter tolerance of the Fets. 

Resistance JFet BF245a

Спасибо за интерес.

Posted: 4/2/2017 5:43:52 PM
JPascal

Now I have posted a little 2 minutes video, shows an unusual replacement of antennas...

https://youtu.be/ZZYaoMSDtao

Posted: 5/14/2017 2:13:47 PM
JPascal

Now, back from my short excursion to the antenna fruits, vegetables and berries, which allows a lot of basic experiments, the next subject waits for solution.  smile

To give the theremin a sound like a classical instrument the envelope of theremin output signal should be shaped by parameters Attack - Decay - Release - Sustain as used in synthesizers. The initial part performing a tone on a violine or a wind instrument is an example for this.

Volume pegel pushed by hand distance to the antenna and the dynamic movement of the hand allone do not produce an suitable adrs envelope in many cases. I look for simplest ways in combination with my voltage controlled resistors with FET-Cascade.

Tips are welcome.

Posted: 7/30/2017 7:01:28 PM
JPascal

The Discussion about using plates ore rods for pitch linearity is a really serious topic. And there remain some questions for me. But before I go on with my basic experiments here is the funny sight of it. Volume best with a plate, pitch with a loop! wink

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.