Hello Theremin World and thank you for your hard work love and support.
My young nephew exhibited and interest in electronics and I always wanted a theremin so I bought him a soldering iron and a Jaycar theremin DIY kit not really knowing what I was getting either of us into.
Two months into the project he has done a pretty good job albeit dumping an assembled though not working theremin in my lap. I have read many of your posts and realize that with out the tools and know how that we are flying blind though look forward to any light that the collective community can shed on our project.
I found the following,
- All polarised parts are fitted correctly.
- A short on one of the chips, (I cant remember which one or what terminals but could this blow the chip)
- He has been adjusting the transistors with a magnetic metal screw driver and they seem striped.
- There is only a couple of millivolts not 2.5 volts between TP GND and TP2.
- The power pack that we purchased from Jaycar is 1 amp and unregulated Part No. MP3026. please follow link for more info
Thanks for your time.
Shane and Ben