missing data and posts

Posted: 7/28/2010 7:15:04 PM
Jason

Folks, you might have noticed some inconsistencies with the forums lately, particularly around incorrect replies counts and missing posts. Something insiduious is happening to our site and we're working hard to figure it out and recover the lost data. We hope to have the problem corrected soon, but in the meantime, we ask for your patience and to please contact us if you see anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks
J&J
Posted: 7/28/2010 10:19:13 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Good luck, J&J!

I have now taken to preparing postings in an outside editor - possibly 25% of postings I submit just vanish into the ether.. And with the length of my average posting, I have decided to keep an 'external' backup (also allows me to spell-check before I post, so I look brighter than I really am.. ;-)

I hope its not peeps like me with huge postings who are causing the problems.. :-(

Fred.
Posted: 7/29/2010 12:43:27 AM
Jason

Yikes! I knew our site was um... limited in capacity by our 10 year old code... but I didn't realize it was that bad. Is everyone seeing that much flakiness in the forums? I'm still working on the new version of the site, but I realize how long I've been saying that...
Posted: 7/31/2010 11:22:00 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Hi Jason,
Things are working well enough to be usable - the issues, whilst bothersome at times, are not disasterous.. We can find work-arounds and put up with the occasional hiccup.. After all, what other place can we go? Levnet? (LOL! ;-) .. I think we are all just grateful for this site being here, and for all the hard work the TW team puts into it!

Ok.. ;-) .. Now thats said.. One other little bother I am happy to live with, but think you should know.. I am stuck with my picture, I cannot upload a replacement 100(x) 90(y) (pixel) 4kb .jpg picture.. I have tried smaller (80y 80x) and these dont work either.. I get an error message if I attempt bigger files, but no errors on the above - looks like it is loading, but image doesnt change.

Fred.
Posted: 8/1/2010 12:07:17 AM
FredM

oops..
deleted my picture, to see if this allowed new one to be loaded... and now cannot get it to load back what was ok before.. So now I am without any image - and worse, my embedded email address is not available -

Hmm.. this may make my life a bit less busy though.. ;-)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.