Beginner - confused

Posted: 12/12/2013 6:36:23 PM
shadowzard

Hi, the theremin seems like a really cool instrument and I'm probably going to get one, but I'm confused about the power supply. In a lot of videos I see one chord which I assume goes to an amp, but I'm just confused on what I need to power it. Do theremins plug into a wall socket or some other form of power? Sorry about my ignorance I'm no electrician :P 

I'm probably going to get the regular b3 if that helps. Thank you!

Posted: 12/12/2013 7:00:29 PM
Amethyste

Hello :)

The theremin is powered by plugging it into a wall socket (some theremins can also function on batteries) the one cord you are seeing is an audio cable that goes from the theremin output socket to the Amp.

Posted: 12/13/2013 4:04:12 AM
shadowzard

Thank you!

Posted: 12/19/2013 3:32:13 AM
bisem

Hello Shadowzard,

Welcome to Thereminworld!   My first theremin was the small B3 that I received for Christmas a few years back.  It was what got me started on this journey but I was looking for something to advance with about a month later and purchased an Etherwave Standard.   Thomas Grillo does some amazing playing with the B3 but I got mine out last weekend to play it for nostalgic reasons and wondered how I ever kept playing the theremin at all!

If you are serious I would recommend at least investing in a used Moog Etherwave.  If you really want the B3 I have one for sale! 

Please feel free to contact any of us on here for any advice.  I can assure you that Amethyste and myself will not bite....LOL!

Brian

Posted: 12/19/2013 4:01:42 AM
Amethyste

... I nibble :)

Bisem, you really are a nice person and you play the theremin real nice too :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.