Kepp Advancement

Posted: 9/26/2014 12:10:25 PM
hypergolic

I have news for the Keppinger community. I will be sending Gabriella to Thierry for evaluation and modification (only the upper chassis, BHC's...big honking coils, aerials). Thierry is fairly confident he can extend the playable range and sweeten up the tone. When Thierry is finished with his labors, he stated he would be willing to share his findings to the Kepp sector of the theremin building community. This gesture is very kind and generous of Mr. Frenkel.

FEELEEP

Posted: 9/27/2014 10:48:01 AM
coalport

BEWARE!

Thierry Frenkel is in the disconcerting habit of telling the TRUTH as he sees it. To say that this has ruffled feathers in the past is an understatement. If you are sending your theremin to Thierry and asking for an honest, straightforward technical appraisal, you had better be prepared for what he will say.

People don't want the truth. What they want is confirmation of what they already believe to be true.

Posted: 9/27/2014 12:21:19 PM
Thierry

I'll try to give a diplomatic answer:

I would not have accepted to put my hands and to spend my rare free time on Feelep's beloved Gabriella if I had not seen some potential to improve her playabilty and her timbre.

My thoughts are that besides the RCA clones for which parts are more and more difficult to get, the Keppinger tube theremin is one of the rare DIY tube designs which have proven to be playable. Thus it deserves IMHO that those who have the "savoir-faire" invest their knowledge to make it still more appealing.

Posted: 9/27/2014 3:01:08 PM
coalport

Thierry, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that whatever you to Feeleep's theremin will be an improvement. That is a foregone conclusion. 

Posted: 9/28/2014 7:49:08 PM
Jason

I hope we'll get to hear some before and after samples.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.