WANT TO BUY ETHERWAVE PRO

Posted: 11/30/2013 12:41:32 PM
thereminder

Hi Guys. Need to buy a Etherwave Pro. Just keeping everyone posted if you get any info. Email me. email25000@gmail.com

Posted: 4/3/2014 9:44:53 PM
giuseppe

I have a moog theremin pro in perfect condition. The musical instrument is located in Italy. If you are interested please contact me. peppekaa@libero.it

Posted: 7/28/2014 6:02:59 PM
Jim Mattjhews

One on ebay for $17,999.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Theremin-Moog-Etherwave-Pro-Very-Rare-Very-Beautiful-/221505961808?pt=US_Other_Pro_Audio&hash=item3392c8bf50

But HEY, the shipping is FREE!!

Seriously, is this guy just fishing?

Posted: 7/28/2014 6:22:32 PM
Touchless

Hey Jim how is the humidity?

The market is just not in the frenzy to buy theremins anymore. He also says one sold on ebay five years ago for $35,000. I purchased one for $2000 a couple of years ago, which I think is a fair price, but what sets these high rollers apart must be the installation of Thierry’s mod. Without the mod the unit is almost undesirable when compared in value to the EWS which can be picked up easily for $200 used here in the States.

If you buy that EWP he does not take returns, neither would I. Ha Ha Ha

T

Posted: 7/29/2014 2:23:19 AM
bisem

This seller on Ebay is out of his mind!  $17,999!  I purchased one last fall on ebay for $2700 with Thierry's mod and an extra circuit board.  If they are going for that much I am posting mine for sale for tomorrow...I could use a new car...LOL!

Posted: 7/29/2014 10:53:20 AM
Thierry

Can't tell about the other side of the big pond, but I was the man in the middle for several EPro transactions during the last years and found that the final prices remained relatively stable between 3000 and 3200€ in Europe. Sometimes the seller got a bit less when I had still to install a EPVM1345 module and/or other servicing or fixing was needed.

Posted: 8/22/2014 7:21:36 PM
Jim Mattjhews

Well the price seems to be falling FAST!

At this time, he only wants $8,900.00 !!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Theremin-Moog-Etherwave-Pro-Very-Rare-Beautiful-/221505961808?pt=US_Other_Pro_Audio&hash=item3392c8bf50

Get 'em while they're hot, folks!

Posted: 8/22/2014 8:39:17 PM
Touchless

Wow, almost a $10,000 loss in a month. That is the same result I had in a medical stock in 2008, today it still has not recovered, still in business though. Had a young lady in the shop the other day, stating she was a graduate of MIT EECS '05, she now has interest in theremins and said she never studied vacuum tubes. What is this world coming to?

Can someone tell me what the digital approach to theremin building will offer the end user that they need and don't already have. Or maybe what they will lose. Those synth sounds Fred was saying were soothing to him were disturbing to me. If the sound on my one tube theremin is lost to time I think using a midi sound will be a theremin travesty.

T

Posted: 8/22/2014 11:41:32 PM
randy george

Slightly OT, but written here for the eyes watching this particular thread:

From the point of view of playability, IMO, the Etherwave Pro is the king of all theremins. No digital approach will come close unless it exhibits the same or better relationships of capacitive interaction to pitch linearity.  

However, there should be a disclaimer attached to the Etherwave Pro in big bold letters.  Owning/Playing an Etherwave Pro does not automatically bestow a person with the magical ability to play a theremin as well as any person who has gained proficiency.  (what defines proficiency on a theremin?...  well, it's relative to the needs of each player and his/her goals, so it's not written in stone for everyone to adhere to...)

IMO, the only reason to own an Etherwave Pro is to simply get a foot in the door to the playground of 'more graceful' theremin playing if the goal is melodic music.  Any musician that is serious about playing any instrument should want to own (and perform on) the best instrument available, or an instrument that satisfies his/her musical needs and/or level of maturity as a musician.

Not that anyone needs to listen to me, but I'm going to put this nugget of advice/wisdom out there, (mostly for posterity). Buy an an Etherwave Pro only if you need it to satisfy a musical need to play the theremin with greater ease and efficiency. Do not expect that it will make you a better theremin player.  To be a better theremin player, you need to: A) Practice a lot, B) Study music (not theremin playing) from someone if you are not already a musician, C) Become aware of how much body stillness is required to play simple melodies perfectly without vibrato, ie. record yourself and measure your progress with a tuner, and D) Understand exactly what the relationships of capacitance and pitch are for your own instrument and body (not someone else's).

If you need a teacher, never assume that a person who knows a lot about the theremin (or who has a lot of experience with theremin playing) is the best person to teach music. My recommendation is to learn music from a trained musician on a wind or stringed instrument, ideally one that requires constant effort to play in tune. 

Posted: 8/22/2014 11:46:19 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

This is an OFF TOPIC reply to an OFF TOPIC post!

"Those synth sounds Fred was saying were soothing to him were disturbing to me." - T

"Can someone tell me what the digital approach to theremin building will offer the end user that they need and don't already have. Or maybe what they will lose." - T

"If the sound on my one tube theremin is lost to time I think using a midi sound will be a theremin travesty." - T

I am moving my reply to the above to the Hijack Trash Can thread.

Fred.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.