Moog Etherwave Theremin for sale

Posted: 1/26/2015 10:25:57 AM
technomage

I'm selling my Etherwave, I've listed on ebay (item number 231463047466) here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moog-Etherwave-Theremin-Theramin-/231463047466?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Pro_Audio_Synthesisers_CV&hash=item35e445d12a

Here's a copy of the main text (with details of theremin and mods), all of the 'pics' mentioned can be seen on the ebay page. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. The auction finishes on Sunday 1st Feb 2015.

My faithful Moog Theremin - no longer used, so now here for sale to one lucky bidder...

It's had a varied life with me, at one time it was used as a 'controller' and had the 'Moog Etherwave Theremin Plus field upgrade' fitted (this has now been removed for use in another theremin). But... if you ever decided to fit the upgrade again, this Theremin is ready for it (connector installed on the circuit board and holes ready for the jacks in the base - see pics)
It has been modified with a 'touch mute' circuit that keeps the theremin quite when not in use (a problem with most theremins due to 'pitch drift' when unattended). The modification works like this - When powered on the output from the theremin is muted (no sound) and the LED indicator (as shown in pics) is illuminated red, a quick tap (touch) of the volume loop un-mutes the theremin, sound is heard (under your control) and the LED indicator changes to green. To mute the output again, just tap (touch) the volume loop, you can then leave your theremin powered on confident no sound will come from it until you once again un-mute..! The sensitivity of the 'mute' circuit can be adjusted, details will be supplied along with the other paperwork.
I generally use the theremin on a 'mic' stand (NOT supplied) and mount the power supply using a bracket to the 'mic' stand (see picture) and will supply this to the winning bidder if requested.
I've added clips to hold the pitch antenna (rear of the theremin case) and volume loop (base of the theremin case) for use when transporting (or storing) the theremin (can be seen in picture).

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.