Volume Pedal

Posted: 1/11/2010 11:46:13 PM

Joined: 1/11/2010

The Yamaha FC7 volume pedal was recommended here at Theremin World under "accessories," for a pitch-only instrument. However, we found that this pedal only has a 1/4" outlet cord and it would seem you need a pedal with both an "in" and an "out" jack. Does anyone know why they recommeded the FC7, or how to make it work with this setup?

Posted: 1/12/2010 12:03:59 PM

From: Escondido, CA

Joined: 2/6/2008

My guess is that Yamaha intended that pedal to plug into one of their keyboards.

You can use a Y-jack type adapter that has a stereo jack split out into left and right mono phone plugs.

The manual for the Yamaha pedal probably shows how to do this. If not it is easy enough to figure out. You choose the connection where volume goes up when you push the pedal down.
Posted: 1/12/2010 1:10:52 PM

Joined: 1/11/2010

Thank you for your speedy reply and information. I decided that, rather than rig the pedal, I just returned it and am getting one with an inny/outy 1/4 jack. The Behringer FCV100 at Musicians Friend seems like it will work and only costs $25.

Best regards,


You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.