Q: Parts for 1995 article - Everyday with Practical Electronics

Posted: 10/8/2005 11:37:18 AM

From: Atlanta, GA

Joined: 10/8/2005

Hello. This is my first post here. I am attempting to build the "simple theremin" from the article in

Has anyone built this? Specifically, one of the required parts is a "100uH axial inductor".
Is that the same thing as a "choke"? I looked here in the US at several components parts sites (jameco, etc), and could not find that part other than labelled as a "choke" with those specs. Is that synonymous? Also, there are different types - ferrite core, etc. I don't want to build w/the wrong component!

Any help appreciated! Also, if you have build the project, and tips?

Leor Amikam
Posted: 10/8/2005 8:10:55 PM

From: Kansas City, Mo.

Joined: 8/23/2005

Yep, the inductor is a choke. I did a Yahoo search on "axial inductor" and got a few hits.

Good luck!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.