Posted: 12/12/2005 10:38:39 AM

Joined: 12/12/2005

I everyone. I'm looking into buying a theremin. Since i have enough money, i will probably go with the moog standard. However, i was wondering if i need to buy an amplifier with it or i can just play and hear note with the theremin alone and have a decent sound.

thanks in advance.
Posted: 12/12/2005 12:59:33 PM

From: Jax, FL

Joined: 2/14/2005

You will need to run it through something to hear it at all.

A keyboard amp is ideal but any guitar amp will allow you to hear what you are playing.
Posted: 12/15/2005 12:45:21 AM

From: Morrisville, PA

Joined: 10/19/2005


Since your plan is to purchase the standard Ehterwave, Moog also sells a small amp (they call it a "theremin amp") for about $99.00. It's only about a foot square, weighs about seven pounds, and it's easily portable. The one thing I've found great about it is that I've never seen another amp at that price that has two input channels plus a headphone jack and three tonal control. What this means is that you can connect your theremin and another instrument, OR, a portable CD player, which then enables you to bring your own accompaniment.

However, any amplifier should work.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.