Selling some Analog Gear!!! Synths/sequencer/drum machine

Posted: 3/14/2007 5:42:41 PM
electricinsect

Hello, I am selling some gear and would love to send detailed pics to anyone who is interested. I have, for Sell or Trade these items.....

SEQUENTIAL CIRCUITS MODEL 800 SEQUENCER...$675
ROLAND MPU-101....$300
NOMAD DRUM MACHINE (Wooden organ top)...$110
YAMAHA CS-15......$525

...all in great condition (1 missing toggle switch on MODEL 800 but is an easy fix) will only do paypal...I feel its the safest for both the buyer and seller...NO CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS...thanks for looking...

Also have a question about a theremin for anyone Theremin savvy and would have the time to tell me why my internal speaker isnt working on my photo-theremin. Thanks again
Posted: 3/14/2007 8:56:16 PM
teslatheremin

Hey!
Why don't you use the 'E' -place for selling this kind of stuff. ThereminWorld is not about anything but Theremins.
teslatheremin
Posted: 3/15/2007 4:34:32 AM
Alexander

Tesla, nobody complained when I was selling synths! This is a forum for music makers, granted a certain kind of music maker, but I would have thought they'd be interested in music equipment.

If only I could afford that CS-15, and it was in the UK. Drool.
Posted: 3/15/2007 3:55:01 PM
DiggyDog

I think a little side-trip down analog lane once in a while is acceptable.

Good luck on selling the gear.

I wish I could help you with the photo theremin.
Posted: 3/15/2007 8:05:34 PM
teslatheremin

Hi,
O.K., sell away. But there is an old saying: "Give an inch and they will take a mile."
Selling at ThereminWorld could become a place for hawkers of all sorts of great equipment that Thereminists, (just by their very nature), would lust to buy, but what does the website gain in recompense?
At least at "E"-place the website benefits.
This website is a beautiful open forum with imaginative and talented people sharing their insights to playing, making and fixing of an obscure instrument. A website that only gains income,(if any), from those few manufacturers of the Theremin.
I think, if a member wishes to sell their equipment in this venue, they should give the ThereminWorld website a percentage. It is only fair to ThereminWorld's chief benefactor: Jason.
Sorry, just my thoughts...
teslatheremin
Posted: 3/15/2007 9:32:28 PM
GordonC

I'm in favour of any idea that recompenses Jason for all the work he puts into TW, so by all means stick a suggestion in the suggestion box - but I don't think that one would fly.

The traditional way for charging small ads is a fixed fee per insertion, rather than a percentage - and its easy enough done - moderated postings and a paypal button would do the trick, but moderating would exact a cost on Jason's time, and that has to be considered too.

Or more likely it would kill the forum stone dead. If you gotta pay, might as well go to eBay.

The present unmoderated, free scheme seems to be working just fine. It provides a service for forum members without swamping the site and every visit to it is another opportunity for someone to click on the various adverts that go some way to funding the site. And if they feel TW has provided a useful service, there is the "make a donation" button on the front page.
Posted: 3/16/2007 5:54:17 AM
Alexander

Leaving aside the totally unreasonable nature of your objection, I'd like to take a moment over this:

[i]I think, if a member wishes to sell their equipment in this venue, they should give the ThereminWorld website a percentage.[/i]

My rebuttal is laughter, not a scornful chuckle or a snicker of glee, but that of a bronchially disadvantaged hyena, who whilst caught in the throes of mad, throttling hilarity, is nevertheless suffering permanent scarring to his epiglottis, choking small chunks of blood and vomit onto the floor.

It is my fervent hope that this kind of laugher is not heard by the ears, but instead creeps gradually through the many layers subconscious, rising to the forefront like a thick fog, obscuring all thought and rendering the luckless recipient truly insane.

[i]Now.[/i] I believe this poor sod wants to sell some gear.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.