WTB: Etherwave Pro Theremin from Moog

Posted: 11/20/2007 5:02:07 PM
fairplay

(WTB: want to buy)

Hi all,

this is to confirm my interest to buy an Etherwave Pro Theremin - and I am really desperate to being able to 'not lay my hands on one' ('Dont touch' ;o) - that I would be even willing to buy a damaged but hopefully repairable one...

As I have contacted more than one-hundred dealers worldwide during the last weeks by email, phone and fax to find one, and found none, I join the queue in this forum also.

So, if you have an Etherewave Pro theremin from Moog for sale, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Posted: 11/23/2007 9:51:22 AM
omhoge

I must wish you good luck, seriously, I think the EWPro is a remarkable musical instrument.
But expect it will be tough to find.
From what I hear Moog is still assembling the last round of them but suspect they are already pre-sold. Maybe check the list of dealers on the Moog site. And especially with Humbucker and Big City Music telephone as well as e-mail, I've had much better luck calling those small busy companies.

Two folks have told me that they are actually buying the final edition of the EWPro as an investment of sorts and in the next couple years may put them up for sale.

I cannot imagine giving up my EWPro much less keep one untouched in the box. But the turn over of new theremin owners is pretty high, folks abandon it for many reasons, and in time those instruments will hit the market.

If you don't have any theremin yet, my gut reaction is to say don't wait for an EWPro, get the Moog Standard and start playing.

Posted: 11/30/2007 10:29:54 AM
GordonC

Someone posted an advert for a second-hand ePro on the moog theremin forum yesterday.

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4871

Location, New Jersey, cost $1150

Posted: 11/30/2007 12:20:21 PM
fairplay

...thank you for the hint!

I answered to Andrew and now I am anxiously waiting for his reply...
Posted: 11/30/2007 3:43:37 PM
livingjane

Looks like you got this Pro model. Congratulations!!! I stopped short of begging:)
Posted: 11/30/2007 4:52:16 PM
fairplay

Hi,

I am sorry - yes, it looks like I made it...

...but this just shows, that there are some available and you will get yours also!

My last promising contact was 'Audio Chocolate' in Australia; they have one (Limited Edition) which turned out to be damaged when they wanted to send it to me. Now they are waiting for a replacement board, then it should be available again...

Good luck!
Posted: 12/1/2007 1:12:49 AM
livingjane

Thanks...I'm so looking forward to playing one...
Posted: 2/2/2017 11:48:17 AM
bonniedeans

Hey, guys! I am aslo looking forward to playing one! By the way, here is a brief history of chocolate, which began a long time ago: http://skywritingservice.com/blog/the-history-of-chocolate

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.