Moog Ethervox for sale

Posted: 1/31/2008 1:25:08 PM
PhotoshopDave

You all know how rare this device is, it's perhaps the ultimate expression of the Theremin concept. There are less than fifty of these units in existence, they were simply too complex and expensive for MOOG to build and successfully retail. I have one, in mint condition, with the documentation and breakout box. I've had the base reinforced a bit - just some wood blocks inside of the leg/base assembly, in order to make it sturdier - but otherwise, it's barely been played/used. I can supply pictures if you're interested. Make me an offer I can't refuse!
Posted: 2/1/2008 9:00:25 PM
kaphryn

I'll give you $3,000 cold hard cash.
Posted: 2/1/2008 11:15:30 PM
PhotoshopDave

Not even close.
Posted: 2/2/2008 12:08:40 PM
vonbuck

ok, how about $2,000
Posted: 2/2/2008 3:42:10 PM
GordonC

I think that most people looking to spend the amounts of money you have in mind would prefer to do so with the security (imperfect as it may be) provided for both purchaser and vendor by a website dedicated to online trading.

Posted: 2/2/2008 4:09:59 PM
PhotoshopDave

GordonC - You might be right, I just thought it would be a good idea to offer it on an online community devoted to - and understanding of - the Theremin, and how uniquely rare this Ethervox actually is (I've NEVER seen one for sale on eBay). Given the snark I've received so far, looks like I've come to the wrong place.
Posted: 2/2/2008 4:39:16 PM
GordonC

The route that people usually take is to put it on eBay and post a link on this forum. From here someone will invariably bounce it to the levnet mailing list, and that is the overwhelming majority of the online theremin community reached.

The snark is probably because we recall some dubious business with RCAs on eBay some time ago, and are wary of unsubstantiated invitations to purchase.

Nonetheless you are right - an ethervox is a highly desirable product, and will generate a lot of interest.
Posted: 2/2/2008 8:10:07 PM
vonbuck

It's probably because most of the folk on this site can't afford what that baby's worth, well at least I couldn't
Besides I'm left handed so even if it was $2,000 I couldn't use it.
I had a left handed one on order,but it slipped thru my fingers, furnace blew up.
Sorry you took my little attempt at joke the wrong way.
Andy
Posted: 2/2/2008 8:24:07 PM
Thierry

What I do not understand is that people are asking for and others are ready to pay prices near usury.

The Etherwave Pro had originally been sold for 1500 USD. Now, someone wants to sell a device here, which is not longer new, and in addition it is not in its original state since it has been modified by the seller. Two factors which should lower the price.

So, please, dear potential buyers, don't help to create an artificial inflation and do not pay exorbitant prices! Thank you.
Posted: 2/2/2008 9:26:44 PM
vonbuck

It's the legendary Ethervox that's being offered not the Pro. i believe the original price was $2,500 and only only 50 or so were made, so it really is worth what ever it goes for.

Andy

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.