wanted: etherwave (kit or ready)

Posted: 5/5/2009 4:39:18 AM
thanvg

Dear all at thereminworld hello, it is nice to find you.

I have found about theremins not long ago and am very excited!

I am looking for a moog etherwave from someone that is willing to ship to Europe or to a friend of mine in the US or the UK so that he can send it to me. It is meant for a present so I would like it to be in nice aesthetic and, mostly, functional condition.

Thank you in advance
Posted: 5/5/2009 5:41:04 AM
GordonC

Hi thanvg,

Why such a complicated process? Etherwaves don't depreciate much - by the time it has been shipped twice it would probably by cheaper to buy a new one locally.

You can buy a new etherwave here: http://www.liolios.gr/

Posted: 5/5/2009 6:15:20 AM
thanvg

Dear GordonC hi,

I know about the greek moog importer. They sell the new kit for 325 Euros which is about $ 430. I hoped I could probably find one at about $200 or else it really does not make sense!

But I think this is kind of difficult...
Posted: 5/5/2009 6:22:27 AM
GordonC

I think that will be very difficult indeed!

For $200 I suggest the B3 Deluxe Theremin from Dan Burns.

http://soundslikeburns.com/New_Items/deluxe.html
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:42:20 AM
docdfg

I have a lovely Etherwave available, but I fear it won't fall withing your $200 price range.

Nonetheless, I have photos and am willing to discuss. docdfg@cox.net

pax Doc
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:46:34 AM
thanvg

Ok, so here it comes to you: how much better is the etherwave compared to the B3?
Which performs better? Which is easier for a novice to learn to play? Ok, I understand that the etherwave is much better built, but is the build quality really very different?
Thanks!
Posted: 5/5/2009 2:58:15 PM
GordonC

I will let someone who has experience of playing a B3 answer that.

I only know it by hearsay. I started on a Kees Enkelaar theremin, which I [i]imagine[/i] is similar, and has a similar "flutey" sound. It is a reasonable theremin to start on, but I feel more confident taking my etherwave to gigs, and I prefer the brassier timbres available on the etherwave. Some people prefer the sound of the B3.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.