Wanted RCA round power socket for inside Theremin cabinet.

Posted: 9/4/2009 9:51:02 AM
David Butler

I am tidying up an RCA Theremin which includes making and fitting replacement legs as the old ones were sawn off.
Removing the old leg stumps carefully was time consuming but worth it. Photographs and notes to follow! It is interesting to see how many cabinets have missing legs..........
Where have all the legs gone?
Apart from replaced valves and some capacitors the Theremin is in pretty good shape. One little thing missing is the original, internal power socket, that provides power for the 106 speaker. It has been replaced by a modern, plastic thing. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Posted: 9/4/2009 6:17:12 PM
mikebuffington

Hi David,

I have restored an RCA and have built a replica RCA. I can help you with the fine details. I will hopefully make a mold of the Auxiliary power receptacle someday soon.

Feel free to contact me: mike at mikebuffington dot net
Posted: 9/7/2009 4:05:38 AM
David Butler

Thanks Mike for your response. Making a replica of an original internal auxiliary power socket sounds like the only answer. I've done much research into period advertisements and combing the www but have come up with nothing. It seems the receptacle was probably unique to the Theremin.
David.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.