ESPE01 Bass module for Etherwave Standard and Plus theremins

Posted: 7/27/2012 6:18:55 AM
Thierry

Wilco Botermans sells the ESPE01 module AND he sells Etherwaves with the module already installed. Some people like for example the late Barbara Buchholz wanted to buy their Etherwave not only upgraded with the module but also fine-tuned and hand-optimized by me. That is not a problem. Order (and pay) the already upgraded new Etherwave at ethermagic.eu and tell Wilco to ship the instrument to me first. I will then do the required precision adjustments (and do a thorough burn-in check) before I'll ship it to the buyer.

You'd have to pay some more shipping costs (Netherlands to France and France to you) and I'd charge a modest fee for my additional work but after what I've heard up to now, people consider that it's worth it... ;-)

Posted: 7/29/2012 4:53:57 AM
Thomas Grillo

For those here in the U.S., I've just installed an ESPE01 in an Etherwave Plus, and it sounds as good as all of the other four I did the mod in. So, you can add the Plus to the compliment of Etherwave theremins I'm currently able to add Thierry's module in to. My only regret is that this Plus isn't mine. :(

Posted: 7/29/2012 12:14:42 PM
yagiawa

Thomas just installed a bass-extending module into my "plus". He reports fantastic results.  Needless to say, he also was a consummate professional regarding the installation and I most highly recommend having him do the installation and "fine tuning". I cannot say enough about the care he took in prepping my instrument and suggest he is the way to go for an upgrade.

Posted: 7/30/2012 1:01:36 AM
MusicPapa

Thomas wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of doing some sort of theremin / electronic fest in Memphis, TN, or here in Jackson, MS.

If something can be put together for Memphis I'd be there in a heartbeat! (Technically, 6 hours driving worth of heartbeats, but who's counting?)

Posted: 7/30/2012 1:31:44 AM
Thomas Grillo

@yagiawa Your theremin will be with you soon :)

@MusicPapa I'll make a note. I think Memphis is more centrally located.

Posted: 7/30/2012 7:48:33 AM
Thierry

Thomas, thank you so much for supporting the ESPE01 buyers in the US with installation and tuning services. There will most probably be another "Thierry's modules service point" at the west coast soon.

Now that the worldwide network is in place, I can finally care about new inventions. My actual project under development is the new circuit for Augusto Triani's beautiful Theremincellos. I hope to get also something ready for the Theremin community later this year. Stay tuned...

Posted: 7/30/2012 2:14:51 PM
Thomas Grillo

@Thierry: That's fantastic news to hear that theremin owners on the west coast won't have to ship their theremins so far away for service, and that the points of presense for service is expanding. According to a new theremin owner in the Uk who mentioned his serial number, there are now well over 20,000 Etherwaves out there. We're going to need a few more technicians, and modules, I think. Keep up the great works! :)

Posted: 7/31/2012 10:04:34 PM
ChrisC

Err, That'll me me in the UK then Thomas! Serial # 20127 (Was apparently purchased new about two months back so numbers will be higher now)

Firstly can I say that Thomas is a real gentleman and with his helpful messages and information it encouraged me to get a pre-owned Moog Etherwave for what turns out to be an absolute steal! To use that old 'A Team' phrase "I like it when a plan comes together".

From what I hear/read too I think I need to being fitting this Thierry/Wilco modification really soon. All the best from the UK; THE Olympic Country!!!

Posted: 8/7/2012 4:18:59 AM
hewson

Say, what are the additional instructions for the installation of the module in an etherwave plus?  namely, what do i do with the plus board's lead that goes into the "audio" pad now inhabited by the handsome ESPE01 module?  

many thx!!  (although my soldering skills are quite ham-handed, everything -seems- to be going nicely!!  (fingers crossed!)

EDIT:  ohoh i see there is a handsome looking pad on the ESPE01 module labelled "a2" that seems to work nicely....  hey, even *I* managed to install this module without inadvertently gouging/melting/catching on fire some component of my theremin or house!!!  (now to tackle my other etherwave...!)

Posted: 8/7/2012 5:04:36 AM
Thomas Grillo

@hewson. Great job on deductive observation to locate the new home for that audio wire in the Plus. :) That module is a real God-send. Eh?

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.