Spellbound Concerto to be performed and recorded in Cincinnati

Posted: 1/15/2008 1:35:09 AM
theremin137

Charles Richard Lester will be in Cincinnati, Ohio from Thursday, January 30, 2008, to Monday, February 4, 2008, to play three live performances and a recording (on Telarc) of Miklos Rózsa's Spellbound Concerto at the Cincinnati Music Hall with the highly acclaimed Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, Erich Kunzel, conductor.

The performances will be on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings; then the recording session will be on Monday morning. [The recording session will not be open to the public].

For information on tickets, etc., see the Cincinnati Orchestra's web site at:

http://www.cincinnatisymphony.org/Events/Details/feb1-3pops0708.asp
Posted: 1/15/2008 9:28:13 AM
kkissinger

Congratulations and best wishes to you, Charles!

[i]-- Kevin[/i]
Posted: 1/15/2008 12:18:50 PM
omhoge

That is *great* news,
and a new recording to add to our shopping lists soon.

Please let us know how it goes, and folks are always curious too about traveling with a theremin. Wishing you a smooth process all around.

Way to go Mr. Lester!!!
Posted: 1/15/2008 10:23:17 PM
Jeff S

I hope you're right. It looks like I'm committed. All sales are FINAL!

I'm going to be be second row center balcony.

(edit) Oh yea....Saturday evening.
Posted: 1/16/2008 3:07:03 AM
theremin137

Interestingly, per the Cincinnati Pops website, as part of the concert: "Music Hall becomes the 'Big Top' when Cirque de la Symphonie fills the Music Hall stage with high-flying action and amusing circus antics — all set to the music of the Cincinnati Pops. Juggler Vladimir Tsarkov, 'The Red Harlequin,' and contortionist Elena Tsarkova, 'The Lady in White,' will amaze concertgoers with their juggling mastery and acrobatic prowess. Aerial artist Alexander Streltsov will soar through the air, displaying his natural strength and artistic expression. And strongmen Jarek and Darek, national hand-balancing champions and veteran Cirque du Soleil performers who have captivated audiences around the world, will perform jaw-dropping routines."

I wrote the orchestra personnel director saying I hoped none of these acrobatics would be performed in my vinicity, otherwise, the theremin will be emitting some ungodly sounds!"

Posted: 1/16/2008 8:11:05 PM
Jeff S

Or taking a tumble itself (the theremin), as Mr. Pringles did.
Posted: 1/16/2008 8:28:57 PM
teslatheremin

Hello,
I looked all over the CSO site, and could not find a validation of the concert date or a specific time for said concert: please advise.
I would dearly love to go see that concert and visit friends in Middletown. If an exact link to ticket purchase could be provided I would greatly appreciate the gesture.

Good Luck!

teslatheremin
Posted: 1/17/2008 5:15:55 AM
theremin137

Going to the link given in the first posting above will take you right to the site. Neither me nor the theremin is mentioned so I have a feeling we're taking a "Back Seat" to the acrobats...!

Posted: 2/10/2008 2:56:00 AM
theremin137

Here's my usual report on my latest gig, this time with the Cincinnati Pops.

See:
http://www.137.com/cincinnati

Enjoy! :)
Posted: 2/12/2008 7:03:21 AM
Brian R

Thanks for posting the detailed description!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.