Ohio-University Tolerance II Exhibit

Posted: 2/6/2009 1:26:29 PM
theremin_ohio

I'm really just looking for some good vibes from everyone. This is only my second gig on theremin ever, and I am thrilled to be playing amongst artists and fellow musicians alike. The gig will take place at the Patricia Chandler Memorial Gallery at Ohio University Chillicothe campus this evening at 7:00 p.m. I really saw no reason to post this sooner as I'm sure no one on here is in the area but me...hope I'm wrong! And sorry for the late notice.

I will be doing a program of jazz standards with my friend, Ryan, on electric guitar. I do lots of singing as well, as that is my primary instrument that I studied in college, and I like to accompany myself. THAT was rough learning at first, but is now quite second nature since I hav been accompanying myself on piano for over a decade.

Anyhoo, wish me luck! :)

<=/
I

(If you think about it, this kind of looks like a theremin...)
Posted: 2/6/2009 2:51:55 PM
GordonC

I'm looking forward to hearing the mp3's on your myspace site.

Have a great time, and play your socks off!

Posted: 2/8/2009 11:36:18 AM
theremin_ohio

Thanks, Gordon. It went very well, from what I could tell. And of everyone in the crowd was spellbound anyway, as most people in rural Ohio have never heard of the theremin. There was a little boy there who came up afterwards with his mother and took pictures of him experimenting with the pitch and volume rods. I will have to post when I get copies. I know that there were a couple of spots in faster passages where my pitch was not perfectly centered, but I was able to correct my mistakes quickly, and that's the key. Now I am working on a small repertoire of pieces to share at Without Touch.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.