Yoko Ono And The Plastic Ono Band, London, 14th June

Posted: 6/5/2009 4:46:28 PM
GordonC

Plastic Ono Band line-up includes Pamelia Kurstin.

----- more (http://thereminuk-news.blogspot.com/2009/06/gig-pamelia-kurstin-southbank-centre.html) -----
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:22:01 PM
teslatheremin

Hypertensive ,AND expensive.
Yikes!
GL,
TT
Posted: 6/8/2009 4:01:17 AM
GordonC

Sadly, not expensive by London standards for a celebrity act at a prestige venue. A little bit cheaper than going to see Les Mis.

(And, while I was having a little browse to confirm the above assertion I found this (http://www.ticketswitch.com/tickets/slink.buy/firstforlon/e.ZML/1st-4-london-theatre-tickets/london/the-o2-arena/michael-jackson--vip-thriller-packages.html) gem - Michael Jackson at the O2 - a mere £770 for a near-the-front row seat and some goodies including an after-gig party - but no limo :-( .)

I'd rather watch Yoko Ono thirty times in the more expensive seats and once in the cheap seats!
Posted: 6/8/2009 9:55:21 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Have booked 2 tickets - Thank you, Gordon, For bringing this to my attention!

Just realised that its been 7 years since Nicki + I went to a concert together.. That was 'Yes' with an orchestra.. Since then we have had 3 children (I dont think Yes was responsible though..) .. we are really looking forward to this one!

Expensive? LOL!
Almost any concert where one recognises the band / performers and gets change from £50 is a bargain in the U.K. And Yoko is someone I adore!

... In fact, the return rail fare for the 60 miles costs more than the concert tickets! .. So I expect that travelling from Ohio would be expensive!
Posted: 6/15/2009 8:51:35 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Went to this concert last night.. I cannot find superlatives fitting for the event - I was a little worried that Nicki (who usually plays MOR) would'nt enjoy the concert - but she loved every minute, getting into the music probably more than I did!

I have not seen Pamelia Kurstin play before.. and was surprised and impressed. Surprised, because there was far less movement than I expected to achieve pitch and volume control - impressed because the performance was wonderful.

From the balcony (and not having opera glasses) it was difficult to see exactly what Pamelia was doing.. there were times when the band was playing loudly that I was not sure if I could hear Theremin or not. Pamelia's volume hand hardly seemed to move at all.. And even her pitch fingering seemed to be extremely tiny even when quite a large range was being played -

When Pamelia was playing with just Yoko and Shaun (Piano and vocals) the Theremin really carried the piece - Absolutely superb.. But even on this piece, where I could hear the Theremin loudly, I was surprised by how little movement I saw Pamelia's hands doing.

The only thing which spoilt it a bit for me, was that for half the concert I had 4 morons sitting in front of me arguing with each other about their seating tickets.. I got real angry, and when I get angry it takes me a long time to wind down, and while I am wound up I dont enjoy music asa much...

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.