Song of grusia... Its real name?

Posted: 11/11/2005 12:15:45 PM
hardware_mister

Hi all... I have been looking for song of grusia sheet music, and ... NO... I have found nothing for song of grusia or anything written by rachmaninov for violin, voice or chelo.

Anyone knows?
Posted: 11/12/2005 5:27:06 PM
theremind

this is what robert schwimmer knows about it:

-----------------------------------------------
Rachmaninoff
Ne poy, krasavitsa op.4 #4
also known as Song of Grusia (also known as Georgia)
-----------------------------------------------

robert
Posted: 11/12/2005 9:59:29 PM
hardware_mister

Thank you VERY much!!!!! I have been HOURS looking for it!!! If you were near me, I would invite you a couple of drinks! :D

Now, it comes the work of finding a nice score for voice and piano... Only sheet music I have found is an arrangement for orquestra... :(
Posted: 11/13/2005 3:21:08 AM
theremind

hey, subscribe to the levnet, i got the info from there.
(and thanks to "mail" it was really easy to find it again)

could you please share the score with us?

i'll try to find something (with piano) in my local library and keep you updated.

robert
Posted: 11/13/2005 2:33:34 PM
hardware_mister

I used to be subscribed to levnet, but there were too many messages, and most of them were OT (at least what it reffer to me) or reiterative over the same topics.
It was very time consuming, and knowing my addictive personality, I needed no more things to keep an eye on; so I gave up levnet.

However, it's very nice to find people from levnet who can and want to help the outsiders ;)

Thanks for your interest! ;)
Posted: 11/14/2005 9:59:58 AM
ILYA

Does this forum have a file attachment option?
I could upload a midi version of "Ne poy".
Posted: 11/14/2005 10:12:57 AM
theremind

ILYA,
did you create the midi file yourself or was it to be found somewhere?

if you send me the file (by e-mail) i can put it online and post the url.

or you can ask jason to put it on the "Theremin Repertoire" page

robert
Posted: 11/14/2005 1:32:18 PM
ILYA

>[i]did you create the midi file yourself[/i]
no, of course. Direct link to mid file is javascripted on the source, so i have copied it to

http://illinoys.narod.ru/theremin/

robert
why your instrument on http://theremind.de/theremind/pics/rob-th.jpg
has the controls on the opposite from the musician side?
Posted: 11/15/2005 6:30:13 AM
theremind

...it's because it is not my instrument...
the lovely ethervox you see on the picture belongs to the equally lovely pamelia kurstin and her instrument is a lefthanded model, because she plays pitch with her left hand. so i just turned around the loop and stood at the back of the theremin.
i play the etherwave signature model,
but of course i would love to have an ethervox... (-:
Posted: 11/15/2005 2:12:53 PM
Jason

I get asked this question a lot - why don't we have a generic file attachment/upload section like some other theremin websites?

The answer is unfortunately related to copyrights. Since I can't verify that every file uploaded doesn't violate a copyright or legal license, I'm not able to host such a service. Other sites have provided it, and they're running a high risk of being hit hard with a lawsuit. I don't have the resources to keep the sight alive if such a thing were to happen to us, so I choose not to run the risk. Some thereminists have even sold CDs with unlicensed performances of copyrighted songs - same thing. Unfortunately, this is why we don't use copyrighted songs for the contests either.

It's a shame it has to be this way, but until ThereminWorld is a massive media empire and can set its own rules, I'm stuck with it. I hope it doesn't impact your willing to participate in our theremin community & that you are able to find the site useful otherwise.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.