Dead audio links.

Posted: 3/31/2008 7:05:22 AM
Toffe

At this article
http://www.thereminworld.com/
silicon_chip_theremin_modifications.html

There are some links to sound examples.

I have to say that those are really important for the article. The links are dead to all the sound examples at the end of the document.
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:07:39 PM
djpb_designs

I noticed that too, yesterday. I figured it was just a very old post and the links are gone.

Anyone have copies of those files they can re-post?

There is still a lot of discussion going on about Jaycar theremins.

Don
Posted: 4/4/2008 6:50:05 AM
Jason

Sorry folks - I've looked and it appears I do not have these files saved anywhere. If anyone has copies, please share and I'll be happy to fix up the links in the article. Sorry for the inconvenience!!
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:37:46 AM
Thierry

Jason, if you are already fixing broken links, please have also a look on the schematics page. I discovered there, that some of the links are not longer operational too.
Posted: 4/4/2008 4:26:17 PM
Jason

Sigh... yup... it's time for a clean sweep. I've been spending a lot of time working on a new implementation of the site that will help with a lot of the administrativia like this, but it always feels like it's years away from being complete.

In the meantime, keep posting them here and we'll keep fixing them up as best we can.

thanks!
Posted: 8/1/2008 5:56:27 PM
djpb_designs

Still the following links are dead:

Movie: Bending antennas -- nothing loads

Winding your own Coils -- error report says link is dead.

Electronics and Beyond -- puts up a bunch of ads for various companies, no link to any Electronics Magazine.

Don
Posted: 8/3/2008 9:41:48 AM
omhoge

Thanks djpb_designs.

Have removed broken links from Max's "Silicon Chip August 2000" article,
we didn't write that and do not have the supporting files.

Could not find the new ones you listed yet.
Will try and clean them up during lunch breaks this week, the rest of this weekend is packed unfortunately.

Please keep us posted on others you find.
OH and please, if you don't mind, put line breaks in the long URLs or use the short form when you post them.

many thanks again.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.