Forum suggestions?

Posted: 9/7/2010 1:52:12 PM
Jason

I'm in the middle of coding up the new forums for TW2.0. What features do you like and dislike about the forums we have now? Anything you've seen on other sites that you really miss not having here? Any feedback or suggestions you could provide will help us create the the best online community for thereminists in the world!

Posted: 9/9/2010 3:58:45 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Hi Jason,
Since you asked ;-) .. I would like to see a forum for theoretical / technical issues.. We have the constructors forum, but quite often I feel postings (particularly mine - LOL) get too 'heavy' for this forum.
Most of the emails I get relating to Theremin technical issues come from people who are not TW members (or at least do not identify themselves as such) but who regularly browse TW.. I was hoping to provide the 'heavy' stuff from my Element-14 site because I felt that I was burdening TW with pages of waffle that few had interest in, and few could understand..

I now think that TW is THE natural 'home' for all things Theremin related.. I would like a 'heavy' forum where technical / electronic issues (other than basic construction matters) can be posted without guilt.. and where (perhaps) people could run 'courses' in electronics etc.

One other thing which would be really great, would be some simple means of attaching .pdf and .zip files - but I can see that this probably isnt practical as storage = cost.

Whatever you do - please - one of the great things about TW is its simplicity and easy navigation.. Dont do anything that impedes this!

Thanks for all your efforts Jason.

Fred.
Posted: 12/23/2011 1:44:33 AM
SewerPipe

Jason;

I was wanting to ask to see if there are any Thereminists (newbie to pro) in the area around central Florida. Would be nice to maybe get together and chat in person with them. I could not find a good place to post, so thought here would be a start. If there is a better area to discuss this topic, let me know.

Thanks for your "site" as there is more information and Help on this site than any others I have found so far.

In His Service -- SewerPipe

Posted: 12/23/2011 5:23:32 AM
RS Theremin

There use to be a FrapperMap on this site but have not seen it in years. It would be a great idea to start that up again and have an obvious link in the header of the black link bar at the top of the page so it is always visible. Often I find it disappointing when new people show up and reveal no location or information about themselves. Let's evolve out of the cult status, go main stream and party at Club Theremin! Most people like to be Anonymous but I will show you mine if you show me yours!

In His Service – SewerPipe     <= Oh my, that just doesn’t sound right!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.