Try our beta site

Posted: 4/10/2011 10:39:22 AM
Jason

We're working hard to build a new ThereminWorld.com and would love your feedback. Try out the beta version of our new site here (http://www.thereminworld2.com) and let us know how you like it! Note that it's a beta site, so from time to time information may appear and disappear from the site. I've imported all our current user accounts, so feel free to log in with the same username/password you use here and explore.

Thanks!
Jason
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:42:49 AM
GordonC

I like it! :-)

When you come to add RSS to the forums, please can you do it like the RSS feed on the current forums was until recently - i.e. posting every forum posting on the feed, not just the most recent one on each thread. The recent change has made it a lot more complicated for me to track all of the forum activity and I'm not liking that so much. :-(

Posted: 6/16/2011 11:37:21 AM
Jason

Definitely! Will add that to the feature list. It's still about a mile long, but I should have the forums roughed out in another day or so, and then I'd love if people could pound on them to help me test the site under load. I'll post back here when it's ready for testing.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Posted: 11/2/2011 4:29:18 PM
Jason

How much do folks rely on the forum subscriptions feature? Is that a "must have" in your opinion?
Posted: 11/20/2011 7:37:30 PM
GordonC

It is for me. (Sorry about the slow response, their forum isn't on the feed, so I only check it very infrequently.)
Posted: 11/27/2011 3:32:21 AM
Jason

Thanks. I'll make sure we add back the forum RSS feeds and subscriptions very soon.

I just uploaded some new styling/CSS to the new site. Let me know what you think folks.

thanks!
Jason
Posted: 11/28/2011 12:27:02 AM
Jason

Quick test...

Posted: 11/28/2011 9:01:33 PM
RS Theremin

Excellent work gentlemen,

I know you’re working on the new setup but I think you wanted feedback?  Some of these you may be unaware of.

What time zone is indicated – GMT ?  Maybe label it at the top of list.

You should place a message at the top of the posting text box in the forums that Profile Email Addresses Are Not Visible to Anyone but yourself. To get private contact you must post your email address public in the current message text box.

I can’t edit my currently posted messages, sometimes I curse and need to soften it!

Using Mozilla Firefox spell check works in the profile bio section text box but not when posting a new message in the text box in any forum.

The message view count in each forum is gone; I enjoy it because it shows where interest is.

As you know posted links are disabled.

A link should always be present in the overhead link bar to get you back to the Last 30 Posts webpage.

There is no mini list of forum questions on the main homepage for the newbies.

Probably not possible but add a feature of great value that would find and only list the last thirty individual posts of someone. Sometimes pure genius is expressed by individuals consistently then forever lost in the database at the mercy of a spotty search engine.

My Theremin Nic name went from RS Theremin to all lower case rs theremin.

On the Schematic page the link “Pierre Genet's Tube Theremin” and below that “Simple Theremin Schematic” display a bunch of computer code instead of behaving like the other dead links.

You can tell I am retired, too much time on my hands, I need to take a nap.

Christopher

Posted: 11/29/2011 12:25:19 AM
Jason

Thanks for the great feedback!  I'll note all these on my bug log and get to work on them :)

Posted: 11/29/2011 12:34:20 AM
Jason

I just added a "Recent Posts" sub-node to the Forums menu on the top of the site.  Things like that are MUCH quicker to do now on the new platform. :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.