Theremin Amp

Posted: 7/15/2008 10:32:00 AM
omhoge

Welcome to ThereminWorld thereminjul.

Try the search box too, this has been discussed a lot here.

And all information is freely available at TW, we are not a private club and do not block web search spiders or rss feeds but do our best to encourage the sharing of the tremendous amount of information that our members have posted here over the years.

Good luck and please keep us posted on how your theremin playing goes.
Posted: 7/15/2008 7:42:09 PM
omhoge

Thanks all.
Actually we do link to the place that cannot be named :~)
http://www.thereminworld.com/emailLists.asp (http://www.thereminworld.com/emailLists.asp)

keep on playin'!
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:39:22 PM
omhoge

Thanks Kevin,

The oldtemecula.com archives are great and very encouraging. I've really enjoyed reading them.

Your info is very helpful too, glad it's getting out there more.

I posted a lot about them in the other amp thread, but I use a small Mackie for my head level monitor, and for house mix a big (and too heavy) Roland Keyboard amp that sounds great if I need to bring my own.

Some folks use the Bose tower to great effect too, and I see it was used by both players in the recent Mexico City concert.

OT:
In case anyone notices, oldtemecula is not correct about the Moog theremins not being heterodyne. Even though they use transistors they really are a true heterodyne analog design (two oscillators, resultant tone for pitch and the whole nine yards), there is no digital generation in either the Standard or the Pro.
Hmmm that might make good new discussion topic...
Posted: 10/2/2011 6:36:06 PM
SamuWild

Hi everybody, I don't know very much about the theremin because I just started lovin' it! XD I play the guitar so I've got a couple of guitar amplifiers... It would be ok if I use them with a theremin?
Posted: 10/3/2011 1:48:18 AM
Thierry

Yes and no...

Guitar amps have a higher input impedance and a higher input sensitivity than is required for most theremins. So it depends from the brand but you risk to overdrive the guitar amp's input and thus getting either a distorted or a muffled sound.

Theremins with their line level outputs and the more or less linear frequency response (compared to a guitar which has magnetic pickups) are best played through a keyboard amp.
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:13:33 AM
SamuWild

Thank you very much, I will try and see what happnes. I also got a very little mixer... maybe I can run into it whith the theremin and connet some speakers whith it...

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.