[UK] Hands Off 2007 - Publicity

Posted: 9/25/2006 1:59:48 PM
Charlie D

I'm leaving for it in about 40 minutes. I'm really excited. Hopefully I'll get a chance to speak with Pamelia after the performance.
Posted: 9/25/2006 7:47:21 PM
mfwpunch

when's this hands off thing. I'll come along - I've got a theremin but have never even met a thereminist yet. Look forward to it.
Posted: 9/26/2006 5:25:18 PM
vonbuck

so where are the reviews of the show? you lucky bunch of so and sos

Andy
Posted: 9/26/2006 7:34:52 PM
J_D

Yes, we are!

So far there are 3 short reviews of the Glasgow and Dundee shows (by me) and one of the Bristol show which can be found in the comments about each show on theremin.org.uk (http://www.theremin.org.uk).

In short, all good so far!

J_D
Posted: 9/27/2006 4:18:40 AM
GordonC

mfwpunch -I'll have an answer for you in eight day's time. If all goes well it will be one of the Easter dates mentioned earlier in this thread. If we are not so lucky then we'll be busy working on finding a different venue or looking at a date after summer next year. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

vonbuck - I'll be adding adding my thoughts of last night's and tonight's gigs to the comments at theremin.org.uk in a few day's time - if I can think of anything to add to the reviews that have gone before. (Especially the Bristol review - brilliant to see it from the perspective of someone who clearly knows the genre but is unfamiliar with the theremin.)

Now I'm just over to Gordon's Progress (http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=1420&F=557&p=28) to note what I got out of last night as part of my theremin education.

And to bring this thread back on-topic, I note that I talked to five or six people who were either learning the theremin or had recently become very interested. It was the t-shirt that drew them to me!

Naturally I did my bit to promote Hands Off.
Posted: 9/27/2006 3:08:42 PM
marxc2001

Argh - damnation to working! I had hoped to make the Leeds gig, but as it was on a Thursday (a work day) and so my plans were scuppered - feeble excuse I know, but TBH money is a rather imminent need ATM!

Ah well - all I can say is that she should've played Liverpool (or even better, Birkenhead!) :-P

Ah well, that's not the last theremin concert that there'll ever be! Hope all who attended enjoyed, and hope Pamelia enjoyed enjoying the clamouring British masses.

Hope the Hands Off venue finalises as you hope Gordon!

Have fun,

MC
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:54:58 AM
GordonC

On the publicity front (kind of) I met up with my friend Peter at the Pamelia concert last night and learned that he is developing a program to scrape gig announcements from a list of mySpace sites and collate them into a useful form.

JD - he'll be getting in touch with me soon and I'll put him in contact with you so you can figure out how to attach that functionality to theremin.org.uk - it'll be pretty neat to have an automated system that posts theremin gigs on the Theremin UK blog as soon as they are announced on mySpace.

Marc - go see the activities threads. I've got news you'll like to hear. Also the venue thread.
Posted: 9/28/2006 5:15:18 AM
J_D

Sounds like a great idea, though my experience of MySpace gig lists is that they're pretty hit and miss affairs, so the program will have its work cut out. Impressive if it can pull it off, though.

Posted: 10/2/2006 7:11:37 AM
marxc2001

Hear, hear. As long as it doesn't wet itself when it gets a funny format/characters, then it should be quite useful ;-) - I'd ask for more details, but that would take the thread OT (and demonstrate the fact that I'm justifiably sad (kids, if software's one of your passions, don't make it your job...trust me...)). Anywho, an automatic feed that parses through all of the MySpace gig listings would be really nice (and save us all a lot of legwork).

Have fun,

MC.
Posted: 10/2/2006 7:51:13 PM
GordonC

�Sorry to go OT again, but I hate to see people left all envious...

Andy, don27;t you just love Google Earth. I just flew 78 miles down the interstate and there are some parking spaces still available. Tonic's website says they have Barbez too, and a group called Hope for Agoldensummer. All for ten bucks. Sounds like bargain to me.

Or to be less oblique, Pamelia's American tour dates are now on her myspace site. http://myspace.com/pameliakurstin

Tell her Gordon sent you. :-)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.