Do you have a business card?

Posted: 6/2/2009 7:15:40 AM
theremin_ohio

...and what is on it? This is a very simple means of world thereminization!
Posted: 6/2/2009 7:59:05 AM
Brian R

True, dat.

My card includes a blurry candid photo of me playing Etherwave standard; it would probably convey nothing but for the rubric "Composer, Guitarist, Thereminist" above it.

And [i]that[/i] line always starts a conversation. (Yes, even when the act of handing over the card is part of [i]concluding[/i] a conversation.)

Posted: 6/2/2009 9:23:42 AM
theremin_ohio

I just ordered new cards last night, and a friend discouraged me from putting myself on the card--I'm deeply narcissistic so I now regret it ;) It is a black and white photo of my Etherwave Standard and then "Margaret Estelle Breidenbaugh, Theremin Performance, Voice and Piano Lessons, Vocal/Stage Coaching, Music Theory Lessons", then of course phone, e-mail and the ever-important Myspace page! Should receive them soon and will post a link to a photo on my blog.
Posted: 6/2/2009 1:04:54 PM
GordonC

I don't have a business card. But if I had wild hair and a business card it would look like this (http://www.thereminworld.com/Pics/gallery/cartoon/I_Are_Music_Man_6.jpg).
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:00:20 PM
theremin_ohio

Gordon, what cartoon is that image from? I can't place it but I love it! Sorry I'm so tangentially inclined. Who else has business cards to share or discuss?
Posted: 6/2/2009 5:23:29 PM
Thierry

I don't need business cards. People normally remember me in either way - positive or negative - without a card.
Posted: 6/2/2009 5:35:18 PM
GordonC

The cartoon is [i]I Am Weasel[/i]. In the episode [i]I Are Music Man[/i] I R Baboon discovers he is a theremin virtuoso and causes earthquakes when he plays. This is something I aspire to.

The cartoon is available on the Cartoon Network's website, here (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/dlink/index.html?episodeID=8a25c3921f64ca99011f66d21d580031), if you are prepared to put up with a half-minute commercial in the middle of a five minute cartoon. I know several words that adequately describe my opinion of this practice and the people who perpetrate it.

(Also, if you're outside the USofA, it may appear to not work after the advert preceding the cartoon. You would need to create the impression that you are in the US - Hotspot Shield (http://hotspotshield.com/) works for me. And then there is still a lot of buffering to live with. Ugh.)
Posted: 6/2/2009 7:25:59 PM
dae23

"When you play the theremin, you play with the juice of life itself - ELECTRICITY!"

Priceless!
Posted: 6/2/2009 8:14:57 PM
ken_y

No card.

0-Ken_|
Posted: 6/2/2009 9:25:08 PM
teslatheremin

Hi-all,
My business card has just the company logo and address and phone numbers--- but, if I sense the person that asked for it is 'really cool', I step closer, and tell them to lick the back of it when they have nothing to do for three or four hours. Wink, wink!
HA!
The next time I have an occasion to see them,(if I have not put them off), I usually get a snide remark or a huge smile--- if they are really cool!
Good Luck!
Teslatheremin.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.