I will not rest...

Posted: 6/8/2010 10:45:04 AM
Jason

Just when you think World Thereminization is making progress, along comes a completely uninformed article like this:

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/know-your-nerdstruments-the-theremin/19281

This frustrates me to no end, especially when it's so easy to do a simple web search to find actual true facts about the instrument.

I will not rest until everyone knows what a theremin is and thinks of it as more than a "spooky noisemaker".
Posted: 6/8/2010 2:10:22 PM
kkissinger

To see such a silly article is frustrating. I share your feelings.
Posted: 6/8/2010 2:55:33 PM
Jeff S

Nice rebuttal Jason.

People like this are often not interested in the facts. It ruins the fantasy, lessens the tittilation factor, and dulls their persona.

In other words,,,facts are boring! ;-)
Posted: 6/8/2010 5:51:09 PM
GordonC

The article reflects a popular perception of the instrument.

I share a record label with a fair number of bands who have a theremin amongst their array of electronic instruments, but who do not accord it the special status that we aficionados do, and do not spend the time required to make the most of it. Consequently they use their theremins in a very limited way.

This is reflected in audience reactions - mostly the people I play to are familiar with theremins but are surprised to see one played solo and, with the addition of a few simple effects pedals, able to hold their interest for the full duration of the performance

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.