Where do your eyes glance when you play?

Posted: 8/6/2015 4:30:49 PM
rkram53

The Canon gets into some tricky runs. You are playing them on the theremin? You overdubbing yourself?

By the way, because the canon is also a repeated harmonic pattern as well as a true melodic canon, it works with just about any number of offset repetitions. I've gone up to 8 in a string arrangement I made and it still sounds nice with more complexity the more offsets you add.

Posted: 8/6/2015 9:09:22 PM
RePO

The beauty of the Cannon is the fact you can play a melody and then move to the harmony given every 8 measures you're going to repeat at one point or another. From the beginning it's nothing but harmony, then the build to the final grand melody quickly shifts each instrument in the song to hold some aspect of the songs core notes. This helps with the Theremin to move from Harmony to Melody back to Harmony.

Personally I use playback, no overdubbing or layering the Theremin. Just load song, press play and then getting lost in the aura of the Theremin.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.