Posture & Balance contd.

Posted: 7/8/2011 6:55:26 AM
Thierry

[i]By the way, playing the theremin must be a quite good exercise too - I have found that my right arm is noticeably stronger since I play it.[/i]

Add some belly dance and you'll be fine! :-)
Posted: 7/8/2011 7:52:27 AM
coalport

Amey wrote: "You were not really talking "objectively" about the relation of being overweight and playing the theremin. Without a doubt you knew which Thereminist Thierry was talking about and you added your 45-50 lbs comment. So please don't try to scoot away from what you wrote."

MOI? Scoot away from something I wrote? THAT'LL BE THE DAY!

I have no idea who the thereminist Thierry referred to is. I looked back into previous messages and it seems to refer to someone called "pseudo". I don't know who that is ("pseudo" evidently doesn't want anyone to know who he is or he wouldn't be "pseudo") and I am not familiar with his videos. My remark was intended as a joke (and a pretty obvious one at that). I should have followed it with a "....KA-BOOM!..." If "pseudo", whoever that is, has a problem with it, I would love to hear from him.

I can't speak to any difficulty you might have with anything Thierry said, but his suggestion that people in the public eye have a social responsibility as role models, is a bunch of idealistic claptrap. It is a rather endearing notion in a boy-scoutish sort of way, but claptrap nonetheless.

Amey continued: "I dont give a flying rat's a$$ what you or anyone think of me and what I look like."

I have no idea what you look like! I have never seen you and, as far as I know, no one else in this forum has ever seen you either (except for your Mona Lisa smile in the thumbnail....and "hands only" in a couple of theremin vids). What you don't seem to understand is that the discussion of the problem of obesity and theremin playing is NOT ABOUT YOU.

First you publicly confess you are a "chubby" (something no one asked about or cared to know) and then you proceed to angrily scold the entire forum as if we were the ones who had suggested you were overweight!

Amey, you are very quick to anger. Speaking strictly for myself, I really enjoy people who are passionate and fiery, and who defend their points of view. You do tend, however, to put words into other people's mouths, and then go on the warpath over them.

When someone does this, the discussion quickly derails, and degenerates into name-calling and personal insults. If you disagree with Thierry's belief that public figures should act as role models, instead of telling him you don't give a "flying rat's a$$" what he or anyone else thinks of you, why don't you tell him why you believe he is wrong? That would make for a far more interesting and constructive exchange.

One other thing, you are not the arbiter of what is or is not acceptable in the TW forums. That is the job of our moderators. If something is said that is genuinely offensive or abusive, and a valid complaint is made about it, the moderators will put the offender on notice. In the past, transgressors have been summarily beamed into interstellar space to the accompaniment of our collective cheers and weird theremin FX.
Posted: 7/8/2011 8:05:16 AM
Thierry

Thank you for having enriched my English vocabulary! Just added "claptrap" to my inner dictionnary. :-)
Posted: 7/8/2011 8:37:47 AM
coalport

It's a polite synonym for the more common and popular word, "bullshit". (LOL)
Posted: 7/8/2011 9:18:13 AM
Amethyste

Coalport wrote:

... why don't you tell him why you believe he is wrong? That would make for a far more interesting and constructive exchange.

I did explain that not all people can be thin. I thought I was being pretty clear, but someone came in and started turning the things over saying I was angry and that the conversation wasn't about me. After Thierry commented that we should be role models when we appear publicly, I voluntarily shared my accident and the many struggles to be thin: It is hard for some as there are many factors that go against one trying to be thin. Then I stretched more into saying that if one enjoys putting video of you tube or perform publicly but they are not fitting into the society standards, should they HIDE themselves to do it? What I wrote is not about me - it's about people struggling with their weight and I am one of them.

I am not an angry person ~ however, I am passionate about what I write, and if you thought it was anger, I am so sorry. It's too bad that you quickly judged me that way because I am a very loving and caring person. Angry is far from who I am...

Regardless of what you think ~ If I saw you in real, I'd give you a HUGE (chubby) bearhug ;) and I do mean it :)
Posted: 7/8/2011 9:21:29 AM
Amethyste

"I have no idea who the thereminist Thierry referred to is. I looked back into previous messages and it seems to refer to someone called "pseudo". I don't know who that is ("pseudo" evidently doesn't want anyone to know who he is or he wouldn't be "pseudo") and I am not familiar with his videos. My remark was intended as a joke (and a pretty obvious one at that). I should have followed it with a "....KA-BOOM!..." If "pseudo", whoever that is, has a problem with it, I would love to hear from him."

If you re-read, Thierry did say that his youtube name AND his TW name are under the same "Pseudo", as under the same name...

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.