Amethyste's Progress

Posted: 11/14/2011 1:07:05 PM
Thomas Grillo

Hi all, I usually discourage my students from posting videos online too soon within their first year of progress. However, one in particular has cought my attention, and has stuck with the theremin like a pit bull on a tea-cup poodle. Her determination is not to be taken lightly.

After nearly 8 physical months working with the theremin, she has progressed to a point which, in my humble opinion, would equal that of someone who's been working for well over a year on the theremin. Often, she comes up with her own adaptive solutions, while at the same time, exploring the techniques we cover with an open mind.

Amethyste is also working with a 90 percent hearing loss in her right ear, so she has to compensate by using an earbud in the preview out of her theremin to not only preview her notes, but to balance what she hears in her good ear.

While there are a few minor issues which she is aware of, Amethyste's progress is at a point where I feel the time has come for her to post a video. We've talked about this before hand, and I've given my blessing for the launch of her first theremin related youtube video which can be seen at:

http://tinyurl.com/7juqgr3

I also felt that this video is quite appropriate for the holiday season.

Congratulations Ameythyste, and keep up the great works! :)
Posted: 11/14/2011 2:33:34 PM
Amethyste

Oh Wow! Thank you so much Thomas!!
I have been so blessed for such awesome guidance and pick me ups when I hit a road block. Without your guidance, I'd still be lost somewhere in the Majove desert.

This community is quite awesome~ I remember creating a login and password not too long ago for this site :) I love the Theremin and could never think of stopping playing... Are you kidding me? :)
Posted: 11/15/2011 5:42:51 AM
AlKhwarizmi

Really beautiful!

I liked it so much that, despite not being very keen on Christmas carols in general, you made me want to play this one too :)
Posted: 11/15/2011 8:58:38 AM
Amethyste

Al ~
I sent you a reply on FB, but also here cause my message on FB are spotty for some reason. My husband arranged the piece for me.. I'd be happy to send you the instrumental in the next few days :)
Posted: 11/17/2011 9:00:56 AM
SamuWild

Beautiful!!! Amethyste you are so good and you also have my idol as a teacher!^^ I spend hours watching your videos on youtube Thomas!
Posted: 11/17/2011 5:18:02 PM
Thomas Grillo

SamuWild, Thank you. ;)
Posted: 11/18/2011 6:48:51 AM
Amethyste

THank you SamuWild!!I apprecite you took the time to watch :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.