future sighting!

Posted: 1/17/2009 8:49:17 AM
terrymin

I was forced by a friend who wanted to meet Ant and Dec to apply for Britain's got talent. I seem to have got through rounds one and two, next stop London. I am sure itv2 will show footage of me and my Theremin around the beginning of May. Watch this space.
Posted: 1/18/2009 7:32:41 AM
coalport

terrymin,

Your fellow British thereminist, Charlie Draper, did a theremin audition for BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT a couple of years ago and, perhaps not surprisingly, had a nasty run-in with that international paragon of taste and artistic judgment, Simon Cowell.

Posted: 1/18/2009 8:31:30 AM
terrymin

Hi Coalport, At least I had the good fortune of seeing Kelly Brook on the judges panel(didn't help my vibrato though).Simon Cowell Made up his mind before I played.
Posted: 1/18/2009 10:22:10 AM
GordonC

Terrymin wrote: [i]seeing Kelly Brook on the judges panel didn't help my vibrato[/i]

Didn't you realise that [i]Britain's Got Talent[/i] is an anagram of [i]Ignore Blatant T*ts[/i]?
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:26:34 AM
vonbuck

I went to the American version, "america's Got Talent" I waited and waited. they even taped me walking around with my Pro and setting it up.
They took all the singers first, then were going to take the "novelty acts"--That's what they called everyone who wasn't there to sing--
i never had a chance to play.vIt got too late and i had a gig that night about two hours away.
The filmed me walking out and interviewed while I was leaving.
I have no idea if that ever aired.

Andy
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:46:22 AM
terrymin

Gordon "You are awful" !!!!
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:54:28 AM
terrymin

Hi Andy, I know what you mean, I arrived at 12:00 and got to play at 9:30. I almost forgot what I was playing!.Mind you the audience were booing so loudly I could have played anything.(I played the Bach air) Had a long interview with itv 2 after so I may be able to prove Andy Worholes theory.
Terry
Posted: 1/18/2009 12:24:14 PM
vonbuck

i got there aropund 10, spent 50 dollars for '"event" parking and still had to drag my gear for three blocks, which ain"t easy at times with only one leg and just sat there untill 5.30

My only consolation was at least I was noticed enough to be filmed and interviewed, but more importantly to me I needed to go because I was off to make money playing music.

While it would of been nice to have a chance for the millon and air time, I was going to be doing that night and most nights,something most of the other folk there dream of, performing.

Andy. (hopefully this will post only once and the first time)
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:43:45 PM
GordonC

[i]"You are awful"[/i]

Goodness me, a Dick Emery reference. (Now we are both showing our age - you by making the reference, me by getting it.)

(Our transatlantic friends might recognise Emery as the voice of The Nowhere Man in Yellow Submarine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Hilary_Boob)

Edit - and just to bring it back to theremins, there's another movie featuring music by The Beatles with a cameo appearance by a cross-dressing British comedian (Eddie Izzard), namely Across The Universe, and the song Across The Universe by The Beatles was the second piece of music to be intentionally transmitted into deep space - the first being "1st Theremin Concert For Aliens."

(This could be a fun game - how can you link any given subject to theremins.)
Posted: 1/19/2009 9:22:52 AM
Thereminstrel

Well done, Terrymin. You're incredibly brave; I couldn't cope with the stress of "gladitorial TV" ... I'd rather eat my own feet!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.