Theremin on web show

Posted: 10/1/2009 3:49:56 PM
dae23

From the Moog newsletter:

"Recording with Theremins & Moogerfoogers?

Check out Plug-in: The Home Recording Show (http://www.plug-inhomerecording.com/show.php?e=1)

The premier episode features Joe Ferrara, singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist for the band, Father Divine. Joe demonstrates recording with the Etherwave Theremin, MF-102 Ring Modulator and MF-104Z Analog Delay.

This is not a quickie YouTube video. It's an in-depth look at this subject with additional tutorials and background info available. It's all couched in an offbeat sense of humor, and solid Theremin content starts about 3 minutes in."

A silly show but if you ever wondered what the Etherwave sounds like through the Moogerfooger delay and ring mod it's in there.

I want to know how he was slapping his hand all over the volume loop and getting no pops and noise.
Posted: 10/1/2009 4:52:06 PM
GordonC

"[i]additional tutorials and background info available.[/i]"

For paying members only.

"[i]solid Theremin content starts about 3 minutes in.[/i]"

I was underwhelmed with useful information.

[i]I want to know how he was slapping his hand all over the volume loop and getting no pops and noise.[/i]

I wonder about that too. Some days touching the loop makes a click, some days it doesn't, for me.
Posted: 10/1/2009 5:48:26 PM
dae23

"I was underwhelmed with useful information."

That's the phrase I was looking for! I figured I would let it speak for itself.

Posted: 10/1/2009 10:34:01 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

just the word "underwhelmed" says it all.
Posted: 10/4/2009 4:01:52 AM
Dubersive

"I wonder about that too. Some days touching the loop makes a click, some days it doesn't, for me."

For me, it's the hair on my knuckles that makes it click. Otherwise, it's usually silent.

Weird.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.