Theremin in Canadian Band

Posted: 11/16/2010 10:48:50 AM
ctrimmer6

Well, it's not much of a 'sighting' b/c I'm posting about myself....but with much nervousness, I figured I'd post on here for the first time that I've been playing theremin in a bluegrass band, The Gertrudes, for a few years. (well it's more around the rock spectrum, but with experimental leanings, really it's more like 'nerdgrass').
Anyways, we've been nominated for a CBC3 radio award, for most Canadian song. It's about Ronnie Hawkins. It also features a theremin solo. Perhaps if y'all have the time, a vote for a fellow thereminist would be much appreciated!
Vote here (http://radio3.cbc.ca/?%2Fpolls%2F%3FpollId=93#/polls/?pollId=93)
Posted: 11/16/2010 12:00:03 PM
coalport

Ronnie Hawkins once said one of my favorite quotes to backup singer Debbie Fleming (who happens to be an old buddy of mine):

"Honey, stick with me and I'll have ya fartin' through silk!"

LOL
Posted: 11/16/2010 10:42:55 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Not sure what qualities define "most Canadian" - had a listen to all the tracks.. "Bluegrass" is not a genre I have ever been drawn to in the past..

But I really liked your song - it reminded me of something I have heard before.. a song either by CSN+Y or America I think - but I cannot place the particular song (and this bothers me - I will need to find it, because now that I have been reminded of it, I want to hear it again!)

You got my vote! - not because you are a Thereminist, but because I think you have the best song of the bunch - by a long way!

Fred.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.