Considering playing...

Posted: 9/10/2007 1:50:33 AM
Alan_in_CA

Gordon--Garage Band did the trick, cleaned up the track, and exported it to iTunes, whence I can transfer it to a CD in due course. After doing that, I had a rather frustrating time looking for a copy of a traditional song--"He's Gone Away"--that should be a very powerful vocal. Probably the Library of Congress has a good field recording of it somewhere, but the only versions I found online or as online samples were maudlin orchestrated, choralized, fancified versions that lost the entire spirit of the original while keeping the notes, mostly. Blecch! At least I have the sheet music (a copy I made about 35 years ago).
Posted: 9/10/2007 9:30:32 AM
DiggyDog

Shinyone, if you are in the North Florida area I can arrange to have you try out my Etherwave Standard at whatever gigs I have coming up.

You coul ddo it before or after. I won't make you get up on stage or anything.

You will know in a couple of minutes if you have any aptitude for the thing.

If you have decent pitch than there is no reason you shouldn't be able to play the theremin.

Posted: 9/10/2007 9:36:04 AM
DiggyDog

Gordon said: "A contra jour profile of an attractive young woman, completely silhouetted against an open evening sky, nicely exposed and composed, with a strong contrast between the intimacy and anonymity of the figure and the windswept hair adding a note of pensiveness against the lightness of the sky with its spattering of fluffy clouds, leaving an overall impression of a subject thoughtful beyond her years, with an air of mystery and longing."

Translation:

"You look hot in that picture..."
Posted: 9/10/2007 9:36:08 AM
DiggyDog

Gordon said: "A contra jour profile of an attractive young woman, completely silhouetted against an open evening sky, nicely exposed and composed, with a strong contrast between the intimacy and anonymity of the figure and the windswept hair adding a note of pensiveness against the lightness of the sky with its spattering of fluffy clouds, leaving an overall impression of a subject thoughtful beyond her years, with an air of mystery and longing."

Translation:

"You look hot in that picture..."
Posted: 9/10/2007 11:03:06 AM
GordonC

AlaninCA - it's a good program - glad it worked for you. GB pretty much fulfils all of my audio processing requirements - except for hiss removal - for that take a look at Amadeus Pro (http://www.hairersoft.com/AmadeusPro/AmadeusPro.html) - good [i]and[/i] cheap.

DirtyDog! No translation necessary, but here goes anyway.

"Hey, I'm in a band. Do you want to come to one of my concerts? Afterwards we could go back stage and you can play with my [i]theremin[/i]. P.S. My mate thinks you're hot."

Honestly! What ever will Mrs Dog say?
Posted: 9/10/2007 11:27:55 AM
carport888

Haha, geeze, guys. Am I the only one NOT hitting on Shinyone? She comes to us looking for advice and gets two STALKERS as well!!! Shinyone, I feel that I MUST apologize for my fellow Theremin afficionados' juvenile behavior. Not all Theremin players are smarmy...I think...

:)
Posted: 9/10/2007 12:11:36 PM
GordonC

Posted: 9/10/2007 12:57:37 PM
Thomas Grillo

No carport888, you're not alone, carport888, get on to them. Shame, tisk, tisk, and all that. Bad boys! ;)
Posted: 9/10/2007 1:00:18 PM
kkissinger

Are you guys saying that one's avatar influences the number and type of responses one gets?
Posted: 9/10/2007 1:06:40 PM
carport888

Ooh, nice! k'kissing'er, I get it! haha

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.