Roll Call! - 2007

Posted: 11/28/2007 10:02:13 PM
tatems

Hi all, I've been lurking round Theremin World for a while now without any introduction.

My name is Tim and i'm currently a music student studying at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music in Australia. My principle study is Composition. I've been playing the Theremin for about a year now and I have made good progress. Last year I was performing The Swan and other such pieces at School functions and now that I'm at University this year I have progressed to harder pieces. I hope to be playing Fantaisie by Martinu next year with friends from the Conserveratorium. I will also be writing a small work to contrast Fantaisie in the concert I will be giving.

My main instrument apart from the Theremin (I play a Moog Etherwave Pro Limited Edition by the way!) is the Alto Saxophone. I'm classically trained on the Sax and have played much of the repertoire including the concertos. Hopefully I will be able to adapt some for Theremin use. I'm hoping to perform quite allot next year and build upon a very small name i have created for myself as a Thereminst.

Check out my compositions at http://www.myspace.com/timothytatemusic

Soon i'll have some theremin tracks up!

Posted: 11/30/2007 8:13:17 AM
thetamin

Hi,

I'm from the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area, and am fairly new to the theremin. I have just bought my first one (a B3) and should be receiving it shortly.

I also play the keyboards and the Bb Clarinet, and am looking to play a new kind of instrument.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.