Entering the world of theremin soon.

Posted: 12/19/2007 6:41:07 PM
MisterWaffles

Well, Christmas is soon and that means my theremin arrives soon as well.

We (meaning my dad) ordered an Etherwave Standard from a website, and that one ended up being backordered. We finally found one from another place and they told us they were selling theremins like crazy, which is cool to hear.

I've never touched (pun) a theremin, but I'm looking forward to my Christmas present. I'm 16 and play guitar and the ukulele. Hope to enjoy my stay at Theremin World. :D

Also, the guy from the backordered place said Moog itself was sold out of Standards. I knew they stopped selling Pro's, but them running out of Standards? o.O
Posted: 12/19/2007 6:49:06 PM
omhoge

A belated welcome to ThereminWorld MisterWaffles!
What a great Christmas present.
And Christmas music is a great thing to start with since it's solidly in your head and you may actually feel like playing it.

Hope you can set up and play right away (mic stand, amp, cable) you may be up all night.
Kudos to Dad too for being tuned in and helping to persevere and find one.

Yes good news they're selling like hot cakes.
Please tell us about your first day with it.
There's a ton of info here to help, try the search and ask in the forum.

congrats!
Posted: 12/19/2007 8:09:30 PM
MisterWaffles

Luckily the whole family's musical so mic stands and amps are in abundant supply. Thanks for the welcome! :)
Posted: 12/19/2007 10:24:00 PM
Zsy

I ordered an etherwave exploraion kit and found out it was backordered for 3 to 4 weeks so I'm just gonna wait... PAINFULLY. I'm glad to see there are other theremin newcomers my age.
Posted: 12/21/2007 1:17:31 AM
Alan_in_CA

Well, I guess the whippersnappers will help to balance out the geezers! [I maintain that I'm just a protogeezer--old enough to receive greetings from the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons), and young enough to be resentful about it.]
Posted: 12/21/2007 9:00:26 PM
MisterWaffles

Zsy, bigcitymusic has a few left, I think. You might try them instead of torturing yourself with the wait. :D Their shipping is free too, which is nifty.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.