New and curious - Hampshire, UK

Posted: 2/6/2009 3:02:19 PM
Celia

Hi - I'm thinking of getting one of these - does anyone know where I could try one out around Basingstoke, Winchester, Farnham areas please?
Also, can is it possible to sing and play a theramin at the same time? Questions, questions, questions ..............
Posted: 2/6/2009 3:47:44 PM
GordonC

Hi Celia, welcome to Theremin World.

Here's a list of Moog dealers in the UK.

www.hhb.co.uk (http://www.hhb.co.uk/hhb/uk/source/dealers/area.asp?item=moog)

The only one in Hampshire is in Southampton, and you should certainly phone ahead to see if they have an etherwave theremin in stock.

If that doesn't work out and nothing closer turns up, I'm about an hour northwest of Winchester. You are welcome to try out my theremin.

[i]email gordonc theremin org uk[/i]

Sing and play? Only if you're insane or brilliant! There's a current thread (http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=3816&F=780) about that.

[i]fixed long url TW-Staff[/i]
[i]thanks - Gordon[/i]
Posted: 2/8/2009 12:06:29 PM
Celia

Thanks Gordon - I am insanely brilliant, or was it brilliantly insane??? I'll give it a whirl but, from your comments, might be barking up the wrong tree!

Celia
Posted: 2/8/2009 2:54:53 PM
omhoge

Dorit is quite successful at combining them,
but rarely at the same time.
Posted: 2/8/2009 7:07:24 PM
GordonC

Cool. You never really know what's up a tree until you've barked at it.
Posted: 2/10/2009 8:56:05 PM
theremin_ohio

Celia, I've been working on this technique quite vigorously for some time now. I start my combined vocal/theremin practice session by running scales, always singing a third above the note I am playing on theremin. Then I work on simple church hymns or chorales, playing the alto line while singing the soprano, then vice versa. Hope this helps to get you started!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.