Hello all!

Posted: 8/29/2010 12:14:13 AM
TenguC

I am new to the world of the Theremin and so I decided that coming here would be a good first step. Just two days ago I became the proud owner of a B3 Original Theremin. I have read that it has a smaller playing field...but it was in budget and I was definitely not going to buy a Gakken or a pitch only instrument. I hope to have many years of enjoying my Theremin and posting on these forums.
Posted: 8/29/2010 12:09:39 PM
Thomas Grillo

Hello, and welcome to Thereminworld.

Congrats on the first theremin. The B3 Original has recently been improved by Burns to allow for a better playing field. However, the small size of the cabinet does present some challenges in the way of playing, but it's a lot more playable than the earlier models. I even had to pull my first videos that showed me playing a B3 because of the way the newer version performs. You can now get a better idea of playing capabilies of the B3 Original in my youtube video performance of Der Erlkonig.

http://tinyurl.com/2ddfwjo

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. The folks here at TW are very friendly, and have many years of experience with the theremin. :)

I wish you all the best with the theremin.
Posted: 8/29/2010 5:23:03 PM
TenguC

And Thomas...I have watched many of your videos...and you are my Theremin hero.
Posted: 8/29/2010 7:19:34 PM
Thomas Grillo

Thanks for the kind words. :)
Posted: 8/30/2010 1:40:20 PM
Jason

Welcome to Theremin World! I completely agree with Thomas - you'll find our community very engaging and wiling to go out of their way to help folks with their theremin journey. We're looking forward to getting to know you.

cheers
Jason

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.