Hi, new here and question about changing frequency.

Posted: 7/23/2006 9:41:43 AM
JanOner

Hi,

This could be a totally stupid question for those who know about these things.

I understand that normaly one bar controls volume the other frequency. Would it be possible to make the frequency bar a tuner for a radio since that's just chaging frequency as well?

Thankyou and sorry for posting a question as my first post.
Posted: 7/24/2006 7:40:54 AM
kkissinger

[i]"I understand that normaly one bar controls volume the other frequency. Would it be possible to make the frequency bar a tuner for a radio since that's just changing frequency as well?"[/i]

What comes to mind is the effect on picture and sound when one changes one's distance from a television aerial.

John Cage did compositions wherein he would have many radios tuned to different stations. The radios were turned on and off from lightbeams (like alarm system lightbeams) through which dancers moved.

In fact, an opto-theremin arrangement might work better than an electro-magnetic theremin for your application. How would you integrate the optical sensor into your radio tuner? Well... beats me! There are a number of EE's and ham radio folks here on TW that might have suggestions for you.

Best wishes.
Posted: 8/2/2006 6:32:55 PM
JanOner

Cheers for the input, I've looked in to optical theremins but the main problem is still the same. How do I hardwire a theremins feedback in to a tuner. I have a basic understanding of wiring so any help would be appreciated.
Posted: 8/3/2006 10:08:01 AM
DiggyDog

I am sure there is some kind of circuit out there than can use a voltage output to tune a radio.

It would be interesting.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.