Jaycar kits: planning stage

Posted: 11/19/2006 8:57:16 PM
TomFarrell

I met with my friend the electronics technician today, and he looked at the manuals for the Jaycar kits. He looked at the schematic for the original Jaycar Silicon Chip Theremin, and immediately said that oh yes, we're going to mod the power circuit right away, he didn't like that bit of the design [i]at all[/i]. Otherwise he said it's very simple and straightforward, he didn't seem alarmed by anything in the Maxie's Mods page, and he suggested I should think about maybe running it on batteries if I'd like. I might do that, it'd be convenient to have one less thing to carry. We discussed a few different options that would give me convenience and long usage life.

We also discussed installing a pitch preview in it, and he thinks that's doable. We'll document and publish the mod if we do it.

We also discussed the Jaycar MIDI Theremin, but as I have no mod plans for that, it's just a construction project so we have no concerns, although next time we meet I'm going to ask him to look at that power supply circuit just to make sure. My intent is generally to just build it as designed (except for the case and antennas) and see how it does. If I'm not happy with it, we'll discuss mods then.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.