The Glasgow Analog circuit question

Posted: 4/21/2007 9:49:09 AM
Thajan

Hi there,

First let me introduce myself: I'm Thajan, I'm from Holland and currently study E-Technology (so I'm not a complete beginner).

I recently wanted to start building a Theremin, I searched a bit and found the Glasgow Analog Circuit and chose it, ordered parts etc.

When I started on the PCB for it I decided to first simulate the Oscillator part (in multisim) and I found that there is some really low output voltage (round 5pV)

Is this just because of flakie software or is this a problem?

I will post the simulation as soon as possible

Thank you all for your time!
Posted: 4/21/2007 9:54:30 AM
Thajan

Here is the simulation graph
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Thajan/jaja.png

The wave output looks really weird aswell, to me anyway.

Edit:
I went back to the circuit and noticed I forgot a few lines (yes I feel stupid right now....). The noise is gone but the low ouput still stays.

I also have another question, it's a basic question really, does anyone else has experience with this schematic and wishes to share some possible problems?

Thanks in advance
Posted: 4/21/2007 2:59:45 PM
rheo

i'm afraid i don't know the answer to your question but I am really inerested how you generated that simulation graph.

do you have some scope software?
Posted: 4/22/2007 3:04:27 PM
Thajan

I used Multisim. It's an "ok" program but not ideal (especialy because I have a "Student lite" edition).
It works but it has some flakes (why I asked the question).

But I can assume the circuit (like it is) is good??
Posted: 4/23/2007 8:43:43 AM
DiggyDog

Well, if it's flakes you are after, you're in the right place....
Posted: 4/24/2007 4:25:06 PM
Thajan

So no- has ever build this Theremin before??

How do I know it works???

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.