How to get in touch with PAiA?

Posted: 6/16/2007 7:46:19 PM
guru20

Does anybody know how I can get an ounce of customer support out of PAiA? My Theremax and MIDI Fader kits arrived 2 weeks ago; the TMax is all set to go, but I'm building the MIDI Fader into the same unit for CV-MIDI output. They made some pretty glaring, obvious omissions from the kit... for example, they didn't send me a circuit board for it! (obviously, this is not an easy replacement I can do at Radio Shack or whatever) They also sent the wrong instructions.

I had heard good things about PAiA's support, but I have not seen these first-hand. I've sent emails to Scott, Sales, and Missing (for missing parts), with no response. I've made phone calls each day of the week since the kit arrived, and get voicemail box every time (I left a voicemail message, too, but no response)

Any ideas? I definitely will not be getting any more PAiA kits after this experience. How hard is it to make sure the CIRCUITBOARD is in there? there's only one of them and it's pretty big...
Posted: 6/16/2007 8:43:12 PM
Ardor

I bought the theremax and I was pretty happy with the support. Scott has been helpful and nice... Did you try looking on the web site under support?

http://www.paia.com/support.asp

email Scott Lee at scott@paia.com

REPAIRS [ Warranty Information ]
PAiA Corporation (Customer Service and Repair)
3200 Teakwood Ln.
Edmond, OK 73013
Phone: +1 (405) 340-6300
Fax: +1 (405) 340-6378

Posted: 6/17/2007 11:14:08 AM
guru20

Yeah, I did that. I tried all of the recommended channels for contacting them... I had heard great things about their customer support and about Scott specifically, so I'm honestly a little surprised that, after two weeks of trying, I never get through to them or hear back from them.

Maybe he/they are on vacation? I just wish, if that's the case, that there was a message or some way of knowing when I will be able to get in touch with them. Emails and phone calls haven't worked. Supposedly they have a warranty against defects/missing parts, but if I can't get in touch with anyone... not sure what I can do.
Posted: 6/18/2007 11:55:54 AM
kidelectric

Turns out Scott was on vacation... now that I got through to him he really took his time talking to me and was very helpful. So maybe I was too quick to judge, although a brief message about being on vacation definitely would have been nice.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.