U of Glasgow Digital Pitch Control Circuit Outputs

Posted: 11/25/2008 11:44:20 AM
sliput14

I am new to this forum, and would like to thank you in advance for your help. I have searched the forum and was unable to find an answer to my question. I apologize if this has already been answered or if it is completly noob question with an obvious answer. On the schematic the Square, Sine and Triangle outputs are shown and under the sine wave it says "to audio in of VCA" does that mean that all three outputs are combined and connected to the audio in or is just the Sine output connected there. If it is just he Sine output where are the others connected. Thanks again for your help
Posted: 11/25/2008 8:27:26 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Hi Sliput..

I would think that you can take whichever output you want.. depends on what tone you want! - Best way would probably be to add a mixer, so you can mix the audio 'to taste' before feeding to the VCA.
Posted: 11/27/2008 3:43:09 PM
MarkT

Hi

Yes, take whichever output you want and feed it to the amplifier. You could use a switch to select one of the thre or as Fred says feed them all to a mixer.
Are you really going to build this?
Would be interested in the results, so keep us posted.

Regards and good luck

MarkT

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.