New? quick release mic stand adapter

Posted: 2/27/2009 4:01:28 PM
dae23

Hello,

I came across this on Musiciansfriend and thought someone might find it useful for a mic stand mounted theremin.

mic adapter (http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Quick-Release-Mic-Adapter-?sku=483287)
Posted: 2/28/2009 11:58:00 PM
Thomas Grillo

Right concept, but the device is so long, that you still have to screw, and unscrew the device from the instrument in order to put the theremin in it's gig bag. Kind of defeats it's own purpose when used with a theremin.

However, it would make the mounting, and unmounting process a bit safer for the instrument as you're not having to spin the instrument on, and off in an ungainly, and dodgy manner.

If only they'd made the device much shorter.

Thanks for sharing this.
Posted: 3/1/2009 1:30:42 AM
dae23

Yeah, I had the same thought. If one needed a quick release you would probably be putting it directly into a travelbag, in which case it would get in the way. It would certainly be a safer way to do it though. (Like if you have to get off stage quick and pack things up in a dark, cramped space backstage after a few gin and tonics or something ;)

I think I read the B3 does not screw on like the Etherwave but still mounts on a mic stand. Can anyone expand on this? Is it just a predilled hole that it sits on snugly?
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:54:25 PM
Thomas Grillo

Sorry for the delay in response.

The entire line of Burns B3 series theremins use the slip on mount method. The original B3 has an external mic stand mount which is removable for table top use, but the B3 Deluxe, and B3 Pro use a recessed hole in the theremin to mount on to the mic stand without threads. No spinning.

I'm sure I could probably find a bit of pipe, and a flange that I could put under an Etherwave Standard that would permit quick slip on / off functionality. Just need to get around to it.
Posted: 3/2/2009 3:51:23 AM
ether-jean

Thomas can you take a picture of the b3 slip on mount sytem ?

thx
Posted: 3/2/2009 3:48:31 PM
Thomas Grillo

There's not much to photograph. It's just a simple hole drilled into the bottum of the instrument, and is cut to the outer diameter of the mic stand.

Posted: 3/2/2009 4:26:41 PM
ether-jean

humm...

maybe an hybrid between mic stand and camera tripod system ...???

tripod camera system (http://m42optic.fr/pro/catalog/images/astronomie/platine_E_m.jpg)
Posted: 3/2/2009 8:59:35 PM
Thomas Grillo

Quite possible. A tripod mount would make for a good quick release system. A few people here at TW have successfully used tripod mounts for theremins.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.