Making PCB's using Toner Transfer

Posted: 6/24/2009 2:28:08 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

[i]Very interesting tidbit you alluded to ... "modifying a laminator ..."
Care to share any information on how to do that? " - Don[/i]

See next posting..
Posted: 6/24/2009 3:27:45 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

No point in hogging TW space - one needs to visit my webpage to get the schematic and photos - so I have transferred all the information to this page -

FULL SCHEMATIC, PHOTO's, LAYOUT etc can be found
HERE (http://www.therasynth.com/html/laminator.html)

I cannot give any more (major) advice on this for free.. anyone making a reasonable donation to Street Kids Rescue (www.streetkidsrescue.org) can get whatever help / support I can give - but my time is in short supply!

If / when I have time, I will respond to any general 'lightweight' comments or questions here.. But anyone who needs help understanding the schematics etc should not be undertaking this project.. This project could be seriously dangerous.. If, for example,there was a failure while something is between the hot laminator rollers, it could start a fire.. Also, just because there is a transformer this does not mean there is isolation from mains - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ISOLATION FROM MAINS ON ANY PART OF THE CIRCUIT - AND CONNECTING ANY TEST EQUIPMENT TO THE CIRCUIT IS HAZARDOUS _ EVERYTHING IS LIVE! When debugging the board, I used a mains isolation transformer.

Fred Mundell
Fundamental Designs Ltd.
Electronics Consultant.
<- See Profile Image for Email.
Designer of Theremins and other alternative electronic music controllers and instruments.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.