Keppinger Theremin Part Deux

Posted: 1/7/2011 9:45:03 AM
shobley

I think my tubes are OK after all - one of them is a real RCA tube - so I want to keep that one :)

So after even more tinkering I've got a great tone and response from the Theremin - although the tone itself does contain a trace of high end "sparkle" that I can't decide if I should keep (as it's in character) or filter it out.

Additionally, when I turn the volume knob I get a hint of "am radio tuning sound effect" in the background - is this normal as well?

Steve
Posted: 1/17/2011 11:54:46 AM
hypergolic

If you here little whistles and whines that should not be there, likely you have a bit of tweaking to do. Ask Uncle Howie on Levnet about his experiences.

Check your oscillator freeks and make sure the mixing products of the harmonics are not less than 20 KHz.

Philip
Posted: 1/19/2011 8:52:03 AM
shobley

Thanks - I tried signing up for Levnet, but never got a response - I'll try again.
Posted: 1/19/2011 11:20:12 AM
GordonC

I don't recall seeing a levnet sign-up from you in the recent past, and there aren't any outstanding requests, so please do try again.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.