Behringer Ultratone Keyboard Amps

Posted: 2/21/2006 4:21:40 PM
DiggyDog

I am looking at the Behringer KX1200. It has gotten some good reviews and a few bad ones. Has anyone here tried one?
Posted: 2/23/2006 9:03:05 PM
DiggyDog

If I decide not to go with the Behringer, does anyone kow of a good amp that I could run both the theremin and the bass guitar through?

I sure would like one less amp to carry!
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:05:31 PM
teslatheremin

Hi,
This may be off the track of what you all are talking about, but a great tube amplifier and speaker pair can be had for next to nothing by advertising to remove old 1950's and 1960's organs for free.
I know this sounds a tiny bit nuts, but think about it! The old home organs have the range of a theremin, a modern keyboard, or bass guitar, and offer the pinacle of tube amplifier design with some the best tubes made, and are easily adapted to a custom cabinet 'sans' organ, of course.
One must have the knowledge or desire to educate themselves to make it all work.
A good relationship with an old-school home organ Tech that has worked in the industry since the 1970's is a plus. If you are lucky enough to find one of these jewels, usually they will appreciate the Theremin or a Tesla coil or any interest in tube electronics because they do, and they have probably 'been there/done that'. They always have a massive library of old organ service manuals that they will usually let one peruse for free or next to free.
I am currently in 'redux' of a late 1950's 'Wurlitzer' organ amplifier to a custom box.
It has built in vibrato and a multiple setting spring reverb, and it has a 'clean' sound.
I hope you will all will look into this idea.
TeslaTheremin
Posted: 3/3/2006 9:25:03 AM
DiggyDog

Yeah, I tried that with an organ we used to have in the house as a kid. I went to visit one of my brothers and he said I could do whatever I want with it.

When I go to it, the Leslie speaker had already been removed.

My other brother is a musician, too so I know where it went, even though he denies it.

Such is the dynamic in my family...Denial is not just a river n Egypt.

Posted: 3/3/2006 9:43:27 PM
teslatheremin

Hi All,
A Leslie is a special rotating speaker that can give a chorus effect or a doppler effect depending on how fast the speaker rotates.
What I was talking about was the unknown wealth of free tube amps that can be had for a little diligence, a wink and a smile.
Mine was just a suggestion to you all out there waving your hands in the musical ether. Hee!
teslathremin
Posted: 6/22/2011 3:58:51 PM
mikemets

I have a question about the direct boxes suggested does the 1/4 inch out jack get attenuated along with the xlr or only the xlr. By the schematic printed on the top of this one it doesn't look like it does

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PDC21-Instrument-Balanced-Unbalanced/dp/B0027V760M
another option if it can work would be
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PDC21-Instrument-Balanced-Unbalanced/dp/B0027V760M

I need to connect my etherwave plus to my late 70s fender pro reverb but its a little hot. I dont want to do any modding the theremin. Thanks

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.