does this seem weard to you?

Posted: 11/1/2006 10:45:16 PM
buddycraigg

In my field or work, pictures of attractive women with cars, engine parts, heck even chemicals is common place.

Today I printed a fairly provocative pic of Dorit C in a red dress with her etherwave and put it on the wall of my office. Is that too over the top to anyone else. Have I really gone off the deep end?

I’m hoping someone will tell me, “it’s okay, we understand”

EDIT...
pic added
[img]http://www.doritchrysler.com/images/photos/webmrslee/Red5wTH.jpg[/img]
http://www.doritchrysler.com/images/photos/webmrslee/Red5w.jpg
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:24:30 AM
kkissinger

It's OK.

Dorit's publicity pics (the ones I have seen) are glamorous.

And hey... time to replace those "Snap on tools" posters with something really classy, heh??
Posted: 11/2/2006 12:11:56 PM
buddycraigg

i'm not sure if the guys are ready to let go of their calendars just yet.

As an added bonus, everyone that has come in to my office has said (in my best Beavis and Buttthead voice) “whoa, who’s that?”

And after about 10 seconds of staring at it I ask, “Did you even notice the theremin in the pic?”
*looks at me* “The what?”
“the theremin… the thing she’s holding.”
*looks back at pic* “what’s that?”

and then they are forced to listen to me.
they came to my office because they needed something, and they’re not going to get it until I’m finished talking. :-)
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:53:27 PM
GordonC

...and of course there's the Chrysler connection, which makes it OK too.

Mind you, in the interest of equality you are now duty bound to add a beefcake shot of yourself with your etherwave to your myspace profile for the ladies to enjoy.

:-)
Posted: 11/2/2006 8:07:53 PM
buddycraigg

yaeh, i'm about as beefcake as Cartman from southpark.

i ordered the kit so with shipping time, building, testing, staining and varnishing. that gives me about 2 weeks... i guess i better start working out.
Posted: 11/3/2006 1:41:36 PM
omhoge

I look at that picture and see a wonderfully talented, skilled, confident, savvy, mature, self-possessed, and tremendously kind and generous artist. Hopefully anyone would.

Her contributions to opening up the realm of the theremin to wider audiences both locally in NYC and globally cannot be underestimated.

Playing the theremin is a very intimate event between the instrument and the player, it delights me that Dorit captures and expresses that. She has one of the most theatrically integrated playing styles, her physical approach to playing is tailored to each song and adds an almost choreographic dimension to the performance. It is the same honest physical integration good actors exhibit
Posted: 11/3/2006 4:56:06 PM
buddycraigg

Hold on...
i think you may have misunderstood me, or didn't read the whole post.

i was asking about the fact that i printed out the picture and hung it up in my office as being over the top.

not the pic, she looks absolutely fabulous.

EDITED TO ADD:
and i haven't ran across any videos of her playing, but she sounds wonderful, and i'm sure i would be completely entranced. As I’ve said before, I’m not sure which I like better, the sound or watching one be played
Posted: 11/3/2006 4:58:07 PM
omhoge

OIC! Sorry for miss-understanding.
If you enjoy her in print, just wait till you see her perform. You stumbled upon a good one.
Corrected post.
Posted: 11/3/2006 6:36:18 PM
buddycraigg

[b]omhoge[/b]
[i]OIC! Sorry for miss-understanding.[/i]

no problem, i reworded my post so that shouldn't happen again.
but to lighten the mood a little...
(in my best Fat Bastard voice) "she's dead sexy"

EDIT TO ADD:
I hope my wife never reads this...
and if Ms. Chrysler ever reads this, i hope she takes it in a humorous light hearted way.
Posted: 11/6/2006 11:05:13 PM
buddycraigg

[b]buddycraigg[/b]
[i]I hope my wife never reads this...[/i]

well Polly read this thread and I still woke up today.

and hopefully if Ms. Chrysler reads this, she wont order a contract on me too.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.