Etherwave Pro Nolonger Available At Moog Music

Posted: 3/29/2007 12:37:33 PM
Thomas Grillo

Sorry to report, the Etherwave Pro is nolonger available through Moog Music, for the time being.

We now have to hit the dealers to find one.

They still sell the Standard.
Posted: 3/30/2007 5:42:35 AM
Alexander

Apparently, those of us in the UK can go f*** ourselves, as has been the case so far and I imagine will continue to be the case.

Unless we want to buy a Voyager or a "Little Phatty".

Heh. Hahahahaha. Christ.
Posted: 3/30/2007 8:06:08 AM
omhoge

It is unfortunate and I know that frustration well, but on the flip side Moog is a very small company struggling to survive in a country where small independent companies are not supported or desired despite the national mythology, and ours is the least selling of any instrument they produce.
But they are still making quality theremins, you don't even need all your fingers to count how many are.
At least we still have the standard and rumors and hopes of a new professional model at some point.
It's like the old flea market rule, hope for good timing and cash to buy it when you see it I guess.
Posted: 3/30/2007 8:30:19 AM
DiggyDog

Flea markets are great! Yard sales, too.

I got my Hofner Beatle bass for $40.00 at a yard sale. The first time I took it out in public I was offered $500 for it on the spot. That's when I really knew I had made a good purchase.

I keep hoping the same thing will happen to me with an E-pro some day...

Posted: 3/30/2007 9:28:42 AM
Thomas Grillo

Moog Music is so small that it's a miracle it's evin still around in an age when just about everything, if not all of what we use today is made by outsourced (slave) labor.

The reason the Pro is nolonger available at Moog Music, likely has to do with the fact that as of last month, only 80 Pros were going to be produced this year. Some of those were likely spoken for, and the remainder are to be sent out to music vendors who had working contracts to recieve a given number of them. (speculation). So, they just don't have anymore in house stock.

I'm sure it might have been easier for folks in the U K to use Moog Music's site to buy from, but there are plenty of online vendors who ship internationally, and are quite reputable. Hopefully, there are vendors in the U K who will try to stock a few remaining Pros.

To set your minds at ease, especially for our friends in the U K, I can't go into any details for now, because finallized designs have not yet been selected, but plans are in fact, in work for the pro's and standard's successors, so it's reasonable to assume that sometime within this year, or next, the U K can expect to be able to get high end theremins through Moog Music again once production gets underway. As soon as I, or thereminworld know something, everone will know.

Keep in mind, that the Etherwave Standard remains available through Moog Music for the time being.
Posted: 3/30/2007 10:28:23 AM
Alexander

[i]I got my Hofner Beatle bass for $40.00 at a yard sale. The first time I took it out in public I was offered $500 for it on the spot. That's when I really knew I had made a good purchase.

I keep hoping the same thing will happen to me with an E-pro some day...[/i]

YES.

ATTENTION THEREMIN WORLD READERS AND POSTERS. I AM PREPARED TO PAY $500 FOR YOUR ETHERWAVE PRO
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:27:19 AM
omhoge

Still no replacement from Moog for the professional slot instrument.

I'm saving up for a second one as a safety stand by and to allow duets et. al. easier at home. They did confrim at least that they will still perform the same modifications as I have currently and have come to rely on.

:~(
Please oh aether gods, at least bring the TVox back intro production and into the US market.
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:36:52 AM
Thomas Grillo

I'm not at liberty to say anything at this time, other than that options are being discussed at Moog Music, and we'll know something by, and no sooner than, mid summer of this year. Have faith, the aether gods are listenning.

Oh, my site is online.
Posted: 5/4/2007 12:50:12 PM
kkissinger

omhoge,

No hint from Moog Music to me about their future theremin plans, either.

Add me to the not-privy-to-advance-information club, too.

signed,

[i]-- out-of-the-loop in Kansas City[/i]
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:06:00 PM
omhoge

yo Kevin,
Well I am at liberty and that is all I know unfortunately. This is strange, but I am still inclined to trust Moog since they have always been very forthright and helpful to me.

If you sign a NDA that is a very serious matter and I totally respect that.

In the past when I have been under that kind of constraint I have found it better not to even hint at what I might know, not even in the elevator. Former Phara co-workers have been called to task very seriously for that.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a new model but it would be a bummer to go through all the effort to get the old one now just weeks before a new one was announced... but then it will probably take a few months to get once it was.

- never been in the loop in NYC

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.