Moog Music predictably invent worst pedal ever

Posted: 4/8/2007 9:41:08 AM
Alexander

http://www.moogmusic.com/detail.php?main_product_id=21066

Well... oh my god.

Boss are good at making pedals, Korg are good at making synths. Moog are good at making Theremins. That's how it is. Also, [i]it's a radio[/i]. You know how I could achieve the same effect? Pay 10 quid for an FM radio and stick it in my pedalboard.
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:51:01 AM
Thomas Grillo

I saw that radio pedal. I was not too thrilled with it. I mean I could get an old car radio with pushbuttons, and change channels on the beat of the music too, if I wanted too.

What the heck to do you do with this thing?

I suppose someone will find a way to glorify it.
Posted: 4/8/2007 11:14:44 AM
Jon B

Dudes! Note the shipping date.

"The new MF/FM begins shipping April FIRST."

emphasis theirs.
Posted: 4/8/2007 12:42:20 PM
Alexander

I'm stupid.
Posted: 4/8/2007 1:19:56 PM
GordonC

I'm not saying anything.
Posted: 4/8/2007 2:00:56 PM
zakiman

Yeah the whole

were recorded using a guitar and local radio signals broadcast right here in Asheville, NC. The new MF/FM begins shipping April FIRST

And radiohead did used radio like stuff on National A
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:42:09 AM
DiggyDog

I guess I better cancel my order.

When I saw the VCO and Wavform knobs I thought that maybe it would somehow modulate the signal in response to what was coming through but when I heard the sound samples I was left scratching my head at what the folks over at Moog were smoking.

I have actually done the radio thing by hovering over the guitar pickups with a portable radio.

It's kind of interesting if unpredictable.

Posted: 4/9/2007 8:44:51 AM
zakiman

Didnt know pick up could pick up this sorta stuff. Dont they just take the magnetic field from the strings?
Posted: 4/10/2007 8:04:22 AM
DiggyDog

That's what I thought until I tried yelling into the pickups on the Hofner and it came through my delay.

I haven't tried the radio with the Steinberger yet but it works with my Dean Markley pickup so it should work with the EMG's on the new bass.

Here's another one that I use in Cellular Terror: Put a cell phone directly over the pickups and you will hear the radio waves and the pings that the phone puts out. Make a call and there is even more noise.

Last weekend I played with one of my old bands after a long hiatus and they launched into a song that I did not know. I was having trouble pickg up on the chord progression so I whipped out the cell phone, wobbled it over the pickups and manipulated the resulting noise with a pitch bending effect, playing it like a theremin.

Posted: 4/10/2007 9:20:37 AM
Thomas Grillo

The things we learn today. I allways noticed how a cellphone's signals could be picked up on computer speakers, potiums, and radios, but I had not considered the pickups of an electric guitar as a point to modulate cell phone signals. Cool!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.